1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl saying the tsunami in Japan is an answer to her prayers.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Krog_Mod, 14 Mar 2011.

1. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

Please go and thumbs down this video. I'm horrified, as a Christian and as a human I'm completely horrified that someone can seriously say this. The idea that she's celebrating the death and destruction in Japan and claiming that it was an answer to her prayers is way beyond disgusting.

I don't believe God would do this (Yes, I know: The Flood [widespread corruption and later a promise to never do that again.], and then Sodom and Gomorrah [in which an entire town gathered to rape two angels...]) , nor do I ever blame him for tragedies that happen. Crap just happens sometimes, we have earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, volcanoes, and flooding; seriously, we live on a violent planet! The planet itself is just chaotic sometimes. We can't control the planet, but we definitely can control ourselves and attitudes like this are just completely unacceptable and just downright detestable. I'm ashamed to share a planet with people like this.

I know there's a Japan post in this section already but after browsing it for a bit it and reading some of the posts I felt it best to open this up separately. I don't want this boiling down into a Christians vs Athiest/Agnostic debate either. This is not the view of a true Christian (who should show love and compassion to everyone.) so please don't judge us all because of people like this. (Also yes I know that I'm not the most loving and compassionate person there is, but I do try. For example: I would attempt to not strangle her if I met her on the streets.)

So ... yeah, go thumbs this down for me. I'm just so disgusted right now.

Edit: It's been known for a while but I felt the need to edit this and let anyone new to the thread know that the girl in the video is a troll. She admitted to it in a later video but for the sake of not annoying anyone with her voice again I won't post it. Since she's a troll and it seems that her intent was to make Christians look bad, I seriously doubt that she is one but I you can decide that for yourselves.

Last edited: 25 Mar 2011
  2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

done

She will soon realize there are extremists like her on the internet and she will regret uploading this crap regardless of its authenticity (troll or not). Her real name, address and phone number are already everywhere online and someone's going to do something bad for sure. Not that I approve, but she deserves some kind of punishment

3. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

Seems like a massive troll to me?

A++ would troll again.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You can't go to a funeral, start insulting the dead and his family and then say "haha, just kidding!"

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

If she is then she's a mightily persistent one - if you look at her other vids you'll see she's been posting this kinda crap for over a year now, including one covering God's punishment of those mischievous Haitians last year. It must just be a coincidence how the all-reaching God prefers to only smite those living in in seismically active regions....

6. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

Well I have never liked people like this that if you believe in something so much that you are this blind then fine but don't shove in our face, only thing i could wish for "god" to do is drop a bus on her, just her.

7. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Last edited: 15 Mar 2011
  8. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

*thumbed down*

although there are still plenty of thumbs up

9. ripmax

ripmax Minimodder

Obvious troll is obvious.

10. wst

wst Minimodder

I love the logic she uses "I prayed for god to show us that he loves us" and then somehow a load of people dying and thousands losing all of their worldly possessions somehow counts as proving love.

However, I bet she'd be against her loving husband (doubt any guys are brave enough to go near someone that crazy) hitting her... double standard. Violence = love, right? That's what she said, I think >_<

11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Please don't feed the troll.

Anyone know if our favorite unmentionable site has her info yet?

12. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

Oh they do, 1/2 are claiming she's an epic troll from /b/ and the other half want her dead.

13. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

tbh, i dont think she's trolling.

@Krog: while i personally fail to see how one could combine the belief in god and the fatalism of saying we just live on a violent planet, I must recognise that that is entirely your business. Kudos for speaking up against whackjobs like these.

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Considering the size of this planet human population, weirdos are unavoidable part of it. So she is either a weirdo, a idiot or a troll.

15. Lord-Vale3

Lord-Vale3 His Tremendousness

As a Christian and one with a strong testimony of the power of prayers...

I'm horrified by this vid.

16. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

As one of the saying here in my country says - "God's ZOO is very big" :D . And i personally think Youtube should simply remove her whole account, so she would finally wake up. What she says goes over "freedom of speech" in my opinion.

17. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Then you're a moron and no better than her in my eyes.

What she said is disgusting and offensive to me, but she has just as much of an innate right to say it as I to say that I don't like it. You cannot pick and choose what is and is not allowable under the umbrella of that phrase: either it all goes, or nothing goes. And you as well as I are more than welcome to be offended by it, and offer a counter-point (mine would be that if this was indeed an answer to prayers to her particular variant of a god figure, then the blood of all the dead is directly on her hands, and she should be held accountable for it under criminal law).

walle likes this.
  18. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

19. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

...and what what god would that be? Coatlicue maybe....

Personally I also find this very offensive - and I'm not Christian. :grr:

Though mental as she obviously is, I think she's just playing off the media hype thats buzzing around Japan atm. Nothing more.

/2cents

20. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

I don't understand what you mean. I believe in God. I also believe that this planet itself, it's natural forces (storms, earthquakes, etc) can be very violent and you know.. with raw power like that.. people can die. I also believe that the nature of man in general is that of greed, jealousy, and hunger for power. I'm not saying that everyone wants to steal, murder, and lie all the time, I'm just saying that we have a LONG history of violence and that we have a giant potential for it. This supports my belief that there is a God, not one who is going to solve all my problems and make everything OK like some stereotypical genie but one who has enough wisdom to step back and allow his creation to learn from their own mistakes. That's at least my thoughts on the matter.