1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News God of War's David Jaffe joins car combat Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 18 Jul 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Not sure if I like the idea of real-world physics in an arcade-like game, especially for a game that doesn't seem to be race focused. Real-world physics tend to be a bit slower paced and if aiming depends on the direction of your vehicle, that'll be a real pain in the ass. Also, I won't be happy with the idea where driving into a wall will kill me faster than being shot at - realistic physics make avoiding walls much more difficult.

I'd like to see some gameplay videos to see what it's like before considering pledging. Maybe it won't be as bad as I suspect.

3. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I'm hoping it will be something along the line of EVO 2 4x4's upgrade system, just with weapons and shielding type add-ons as well. In EVO, you could upgrade all manner of equipment including engine, braking, suspension, tires, transmission, electronics, weight reduction, etc. But if you didn't balance the upgrades properly, you could end up with a very fast but impossible to control truck.

Just thinking about that game makes me want to give it another try on Win7. Last time I had little success getting it to run, but seems to work fine on Vista and XP. (May also be a 64bit OS related issue).

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

realistic physics I think would be ace. But tbh, how are you going to go about doing that in a exuberant, fast paced car combat game? Who is to say what is and isn't realistic?

I'd prefer the added difficulty I reckons

Tags: Add Tags