1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Going back to my SanDisk Extreme I 120GB SSD a good idea?..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trueno!, 29 Oct 2014.

1. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

It's about that time for me to do a full wipe and fresh Windows installation again and I'm debating whether I should go back to my 120GB SSD ( specified in title ) for OS and programs only and use the Crucial M500 240GB SSD for games only, do you people here think this is an unwise idea?..

Looking on HERE at the 120GB SSD compared to HERE at the 240GB SSD the IO performance on the 120GB drive does look to be better than the 240GB SSD...

Much appreciate any input received!..

Thanks... :thumb:

2. trueno!

Wow!.. No response... Oh well, that's alright... Seems the issues I've been having isn't due to Windows 8.1 but the 16GB DDR3 RAM I bought from someone here in the MP, and due to having been revoked access to the MP, I am unable to figure out who I bought these RAM from as the posts I have written within the MP are not available to me anymore!..

Oh well, hopefully, I'll get them back as soon as I can access the MP in the near future and find out whether these RAM still have warranty and can be sent off for replacement...

Thanks for all the responses here, much appreciated!.. :'(

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I'm surprised no one replied. It rarely happens. :(

Honestly, it won't make much of a difference, you can use either one for the main drive. The IOPS makes little difference as the controllers on the drives both work entirely differently.

What RAM is it? You can most likely RMA it directly, and if not, I'm sure if you sent them an email, they would reply and give you some form of option.

4. fuus

fuus Rocking All Year Christmas

Hey trueno!, I've had a look through your past posts and you bought the ram from 'Noob?' around September 2nd 2013 if it's '16Gb (4x4Gb) 1600MHz GSkill RipJawsX in RED (Boxed)'.

If it's not this then I'll happily look further back for you.

5. trueno!

Cheers dudes for the responses, much appreciated!.. :thumb: I'll most probably just stick with the current SSD / Windows set-up a little longer, seeing as the system has yet to BSOD and such running with a different set of RAM I'm borrowing ( will have to look in to getting another set of 16GB RAM :waah: )...

fuus, yeah, I bought them from him but they aren't the faulty ones in question, but the next set I bought later last year ( Geil Black Dragon 16GB DDR3 set ) and yeah, managed to find out who the original owner was ( Somer_Himpson ), but alas he's been banned :waah:

TheMadDutchDude, thanks, seeing as Somer_Himpson isn't available to repsond to my PM's, I guess I'll have to give Geil a call or send them an email and see what they can do for me!.. :(

6. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Send them an email. That's your best option. :)