1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Good Bluetooth Gaming Mouse...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JaredC01, 2 Jun 2006.

1. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

I recently purchased a new Dell E1705 laptop, and added the extra Bluetooth module to it. I would like help with information for two questions. 1. What is the best Bluetooth mouse for gaming right now, and 2. Is the built in Bluetooth going to be good enough for gaming?

I currently have a G7 on my main computer, and have used it on my laptop a few times, but I'd really rather not have the dongle sticking out of the side of the laptop, as I fear it may break accidentally. I could probably take the laptop apart and modify one of the USB ports to include an internal G7 dongle, but I'd rather not void the warranty.

Any suggestions or information would be great.

Edit: Found a spelling error.

Last edited: 2 Jun 2006
  2. ashikamlani

ashikamlani New Member

Most people agree that using a wireless mouse is worse for gaming, becuase it takes that little bit longer to respond compared to a wired house and for this reason I would definitely recommend a wired mouse for gaming. Check out this article recently published on bit:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/05/25/mice_mat_group_test/1.html

You have to decided whether sensitivity and weight are important to you. If they are, then you are better off getting a mouse with changeable sensitivity and weight. The downside is that these often cost more.

My personal reccomendation would have to be the logitech g5 gaming mouse:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Gaming_Mice_364.html

by thw way, i have never heard of that exact laptop, is it from the xps range?

3. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

... Did you even read the post? If you had, you would have read that I already OWN a G7, which is wireless. On top of that, I haven't ever had a single latency problem with any wireless mouse I've ever had, so I'm not one of those "most people" you talk about.

Now back to the question at hand, what is the best Bluetooth gaming mouse, and will the built in card be able to handle the bandwidth required for the mouse? I know there's Bluetooth 2.0 USB module out by Logitech, but that's another dongle I'd really rather not have. It makes me think though, that regular Bluetooth isn't fast enough for a good mouse. Anyone know? Also, I don't need recommendations on wired mice, I just want to know about Bluetooth.

If it comes down to it, I'll buy another G7, though I'd really like to have a Bluetooth mouse for the reasons listed in the first post.

Oh, and ashikamlani, the E1710 is the XPS series. The E1705 is the regular Inspiron just below the XPS (though the only real difference between the version I have, and the XPS is the graphics card).

4. Glider

Glider /dev/null

I have the same feeling about the "wireless latency ghost"... It only gets slower when the mouse enters power saving mode... But that has nothing to do with the mouse being wireless... But, if there is latency, it wil be in the µs range... But then again true gamers have 150FPS eyes and µs reflexes so they'll have to wait for their crosshair to move...

Now, on topic. Logitec has some great bluetooth wireless desktop sets , but IIRC these only work with the specified BT module... Same goes for the MS variant (which isn't too bad either)... So I guess you're stuck with either adding an adapter for the BT (and hope they won't interfere) or going an other route ("regular wireless" or wired). Sorry mate...

5. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

I figured that would be the case. Time to find a bluetooth printer or headset. Gotta put the $25 extra for the bluetooth module to use! :)

Looks like I'll end up with another G7. O well.

6. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

7. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...