1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Good car for 6k?

Discussion in 'General' started by grritsshawn, 11 Jan 2011.

1. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

Well i am a very responsible driver i don't speed at all never have never will because driving its not a game either is live and there is no reset button. i take driving very seriously i don't blast music i don't mess around i go to point a to point b no bing stupid and i would save my money but i need a car because my parents said once my 18 i need to get my own car to drive

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I am sorry but I have to comment on this. It is very hard to take you serious in any way when you spell worse than someone with two broken arms.

People with ricers look like idiots. End of story. People with hilarious bodykits look like idiots. End of story.

People with a sensible BMW or Mercedes live longer and save money.

Is it really so hard?

I would love to have a car but unfortunately the 180% car-tax and 25% VAT in Denmark prevents me but why oh why do you keep fending off common sense?

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

OMG not the MR2 please god no! It looks so retro. The ladies will not like it!

4. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Sounds more like a result of poor maintenance and you being an idiot. (I don't like to call people idiots, but double the speed limit?? Come on!)

OP: If you have a properly maintained car it will last you for many years. Maintenance is costly, but ignoring it will be even more costly. ;)

New suggestion if you are looking for a slightly cheaper alternative: Get a Mercedes 190E or maybe a 230E from the late 80's or early 90's. If you want to style it, you could get hold of some cosworth body kits, and maybe lower it a bit. Rock solid cars that is very comfortable.
    I did have a 190E for a while that I bought at scrap price. It did last be for a year. If I had bothered I could have replaced the brakediscs and the engine fan, and it would probably last me for a few more years. (It was a 88' @250000KM)

5. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Exactly what I already suggested. Any W124 E class is a superb buy if it's been serviced. They go on forever.

6. kylesaisgone

kylesaisgone What's a Dremel?

The car was a lemon, and me abusing it didn't help. As for speeding, yea I was a wreckless teenager ;)

7. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Mk1 = Fiat X1/9 Bertone.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

17 year old........Jag S type...........Chrysler 300.

:D
    :D

Insurance must be dirt cheap too in US.

9. grritsshawn

about 250-300 a month if not fully paid but im going to try to get a car at max 7 or 8 then just get some insurance forgot what its called but its about 80 bucks a month doesn't cover **** tho. and my spelling sucks who cars didn't know this was a spelling b? Also when i get the car i'm getting crappy insurance because when i fix it up i got about 600 off to the side the insurance won't go up and if your wondering how i got all this money its from working when i had a job x mas and b day money also money from fixing ppls computers and stuff like that.

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Also, I just want to say, personally I like a well done Japanese thing.

Nissan 200SX, Silvia S15r, rx7, etc

Just as long as its not a stupidly over the top bodykit, and a dustbin for the exhaust, and has some decent alloys.

I know I'd rather have a S15r over a Jag or Merc or something.
    But then I'd also love a V8 anything. :D, preferably a TVR, :D

11. grritsshawn

I love the s15 and the rx7 turbo the 1993 ones, and the 200sx is amazing also its hard to choose but i think im going to go with the jag and wait to get a ricer till i get older and alot more money to do one properly and make it into a drift car to use once i learn how to drift. This will be done on a enclosed track in pa i will be learning to drift, i havnt gotten enough for lessons there about 500 bucks for class thats the cost of tiers gas and drifter to teach you

12. grritsshawn

And if you wondering i love cars just don't know much about them XD i mean i think i own every nfs and racing game for xbox

13. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

If you don't want to get laughed at by anyone over the age of 21

Do not:

Add brand name stickers down the front fender
    add any silly tribal graphics
    Neons
    stupid blue LED washer jets
    silly spoilers
    massive rims with 35 series tyres
    Lower it so much you need a feeler gauge to measure the wheel arch clearance
    Fill the car with subs and amps
    Add racing seats and 5 point harnesses for street use
    drive with your seat so far back it looks like you're sleeping behind the wheel
    drive around with crap hip-hop blasting out of the window

Do:

Subtly modify it with discreet spoilers splitters etc
    Sensibly lower it for performance NOT looks.
    QUALITY hi-fi, not the loudest sub you can get
    Decent engine mods that actually add real world driveability, not JUST power.
    Sensibly sized rims, and tyre profiles that don't break your spine if you drive over a piece of grit.
    Keep it looking as standard as possible.

Declare all mods to the insurance company or don't bother doing anything.

This is not NFS now... this is real life. Any of the things in list 1 will make you look like a p3nis to any normal person. List 1 will only get admiring glances from immature teenagers or retards. The rest of the world will be laughing at you.

Sadly you may not realise this, or even believe me... until you're about 25. I thought I'd try to give you a heads up though.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2011
  14. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Which is a fair comment. The problem is, how often do you actually see it?? I've seen it ONCE in my entire life. It was an Evo 6 and it was beautiful. Hilariously, it was at Run to the Sun in Newquay about 5yrs ago!

Nobody does rice right and it attracts all the idiots (Like the MK2 Golf did back in the early-mid 90s).

This is also a very sad, but true, point. Although I'll disagree with some of the things on the list. On the deck running 215/35/18s is definitely a look. It's just not for everyone. I think it's sick on the right car with the right wheels. Nederlanders have been doing it for 10 years with air suspension on Passats and Avants and it looks awesome. It just isn't performance orientated; nothing wrong with that :thumb:

I really think a few of us have tried to maintain a sensible head and offer suggestions, but it seems to me that this is largely lost on the OP and would probably be lost on me if I were still 17!

15. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I am 17, I see sense in your posts. But hey, I might be special.

16. grritsshawn

I should post this list on a bill board in my area all the wanna b ricers and the non white ppl or wiggers all have this and i can't stand it haha

17. grritsshawn

:thumb:

18. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Then talk some sense into your peer about the choices he's looking to make! ;)

19. grritsshawn

i have decided that with cost i would be working and it would all go to a nice car just gonna get a cheap 2k car and reliability insurance

20. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Probably best. Wait until your insurance is cheaper in a few years (and you have some maturity to make better decisions). Just get anything reliable now. No point spending 6K plus now... no offence, but you'll probably only crash it anyway, and even if you don't, you'll probably make some suspect choices in modifying it and ruin it's resale value to most people.