1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Good car for 6k?

Discussion in 'General' started by grritsshawn, 11 Jan 2011.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Late '80s to 90s Jeep Cherokee if you want something cheap and safe. Decently fun and reliable too, and you can always find a Jeep nut who's willing to buy a project car in any condition, so reselling won't be too tough.

2. kylesaisgone

kylesaisgone What's a Dremel?

:thumb:

Extremely smart move.

3. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

ya i went over figures about 250 a month for insurance about 150-200 for car payment about 100 bucks in gas
    thats about 550 and ill make like 583 a month at my job but if i get a 2-4k car about 60 bucks a month for insurance no car payment and 100 bucks in gas and then thats only 160-250 max which is alot of left over for a project car like a nice 240sx or a silvia s15 or even a 1995 toyota celica which there is one at the end of my street in the lot for 2400 only with 83k miles

4. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

Lot of Japanese car hate here :( Nothing wrong with Honda VTEC, when was the last time you drove a car with a 9k rpm redline that wasn't a supercar?

But ye at 17 get a cheapo car. You're gonna curb the alloys, scrape something when parking, and otherwise have a few minor incidents. Few years experience, then you can do it properly and get a muscle car.

Edit:
    Hell you might not even care much for cars after driving for a while, just care about getting from A to B. I can guarantee that girls don't like cars, except for an extreme minority. You get the car for yourself, and if you only go A to B, then you'll want something cheap, economical and comfortable so you can spend cash on worthwhile things like a mortgage.

5. grritsshawn

Well ive decided get a cheap one for about 4k max then once i grad highschool next year or get a full time job will b 18 may 5th. i will save about 10k for a nice car or save till the 4k car dies

6. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

:thumb: RESULT! Very impressed.

Never. But I don't really care and neither do most people. A force inducted car from any of the European manufacturers, volume or prestige, will be smoother, easier to drive and likely quieter.

7. grritsshawn

he said nothing wrong with a honda vtech...i can name one thing right off the bat.....HONDA! i love japanese cars but i would skin my self before i get one that isnt an s2000 and europeans know how to make cars i mean the jaguar,audi,vw,lambo,ferrai, Bugatti, BMW, this list goes on and what does usa have? Chevy and maybe ford. China will if u wanna go fast u get a toyota cuz the gas pettel is always down and nissan

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

What language is this?

9. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

American, apparently. :wallbash:

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

The last time I drove a Type-r and most of the fun stuff happens in the in the last 2000 RPM. The Type-R was fun but there are lots of better Japanese cars out there.

11. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

I feel your pain. Don't worry, being British is just as embarrassing in the vast majority of linguistic situations :rolleyes:

gritsshawn, pics when you have her please.

12. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Chav-ish

13. grritsshawn