1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Good country in Europe to live?

Discussion in 'General' started by snakerine, 3 Sep 2010.

1. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Hi everyone.

Well now i live in Mexico near to the border with Usa (is a quite dangerous now) and this year has been really hard with me.

Now i got a work and i can save some money to move to another country, i tought Canada first but now i wanna go to Europe, i would like to live in Uk, Germany, Czech Republic, Denmark, Norway, France, btw i dont like Spain, so i ask you guys which country is a good one to move, i dont have problems with the language i can learn fast, i dont have legal or medical problems i have a large experience working with the It industry but i wanna work in another area, i would like to become a high mountain rescuer :D i was volunteer as rescuer here in Mexico and i got a lil training maybe it can help :D .

2. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

The problem with many of the countries in the EU is that they're burdened by silly EU laws.
    Norway and Switzerland aren't part of that, so they've better (plus they're very nice places).
    However Norway is very expensive.
    I have a mate who lives in Poland. He likes it a lot.

3. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Poland however is meant to be quite tough with Jobs, hence why they all left and came to the UK ;)

I couldnt possibly suggest anywhere in the EU to live because I have only lived in the UK, but the UK is nice if you decided to come here- just a bit expensive.

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

If doing rescue work in mountainous areas is what you're interested in doing, then the norwegian emergency rescue service are always looking for new recruits. If you are able to learn the language quickly, and obviously to complete the training, you'll have a very busy, and probably exciting, job for as long as you are able to do it.

L3v1ck is correct though; Norway is an expensive place to live, however your wages will more than compensate for this. The biggest shock I suspect will be the cost of gasoline and of keeping a car. Gasoline is just short of 13NOK/liter at the moment (equals to about $8 per gallon), and keeping a car will run you close to 3000NOK a year in road tax alone (about $460). It's a little bit less than that, but I round up for simplicity. It is a good place to live though, and the people are friendly if you are able to get close to them. But be prepared for cold and long winters, and wet summers and falls.

Anyway, working with the emergency rescue service you will of course get hazard pay, and you might even get to feature in a surprisingly popular TV-show showing the daily toils of our rescue personnel.

5. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

You can't just save up and live in the UK.
    If you are not born here or in the EU then you will only get temp visas to be here.

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Or, of course, he could meet a girl and marry her... (or a boy if that's his cup of tea). ;)

7. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

you will need to apply for a work visa to work in europe which you may or may not get.

its not really just a case of having money and moving over here they are very strict laws in most EU conutries.

you should be able to apply for a work visa and then once here and working apply for a permanent visa if your job is going well.

laws differ massively between countries though so it worth checking them out first before deciding.

8. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Yes you can.

Most developed countries have an investment-immigration scheme. It requires immigrants to invest a large some of money (I think it is over a million pounds for the UK) into a business that primarily operates in the UK in exchange for citizenship. Canada has the cheapest scheme in the world, it's still about 600,000 $CDN though I think.

9. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

Heh guyz you forget greece the most stable economy in teh world!

Oh come on i had to do it :p.

10. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I'm from Scotland but I've been living in Switzerland for the last 3 months and I can definitely vouch for this place. It's really nice and you'll get paid enough to cover the higher cost of living.

I also live close to the border with Germany so I can pop over and do my food shopping and stuff there and save a load of money each week.

Check these sites out:
    http://www.justlanded.com/english/Switzerland
    http://live-in-switzerland.com/

Last edited: 3 Sep 2010
  11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yep. Many, many newly rich Chinese "buy" Canadian passports then return to China.

12. Xir

Xir Modder

Yeah, but if you're halfway decently educated and actually want to live in canada, they'll take you quite easily anyway.

13. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

europe is great

if you speak english then uk, ireland, netherlands, switzerland are probably the easiest to find work in

14. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Mountain rescuer eh? Don't go to the Netherlands then. :D

15. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

If you are currently in northern Mexico, the easiest and fastest way to get out is to head south. Oaxaca is nice. You get the benefit of not having to worry about immigrations and you already speak the language. All your schooling will be recognized, banking made easier, and wicked goof food. ( from wiki: The state has a total population of about 3.5 million, with women outnumbering men by 150,000 and about 60% of the population under the age of 30) <= yeah, baby!

Face it, getting to the EU is a big gamble. It's not exactly immigrant friendly. You'd be better off seeking asylum or getting yourself declared a refugee. Seriously.

16. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Wow thanks guys, i forgot to tell i can get the UE community passport Switzerland looks interesting.

Well i have a lot to research this weekend :thumb:

17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

My IT-engineer (software developing or something, can't quite remember) friend worked a couple of years in Czech Republic and he really liked it there. You have to be really good and fast in learning languages to cope with the damn Norwegian. Actually I'd say any of the Scandinavian languages are difficult and obscure and with only a some millions of speakers world-wide, I'd rather spend my time learning something else. But that's just my thoughts.

18. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Ireland:rock:
    Although i would love to go to copenhagen.

19. Xir

Xir Modder

Czech however, is spoken by....:D okay I'll shut up

20. panic_mechanic

panic_mechanic I've never done a mod!

LOL, the country you will most likely adapt to the easiest is the one you don't like! Spain is great, there are loads of investment opportunities in their very strong housing market. You could live like a king!

Just kidding mate, go to Australia. It is the promised land.

Panic