1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Good moniter speakers for xx mass

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fof gwada, 13 Dec 2004.

1. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

micb, having a flat frequency response does not mean lifeless and boring. The music you are playing through the monitors does not have a completely flat level. Its not the same amplitude all the way up, well unless you are making it for a radio station, gah i hate radio lol. you will be simply hearing the different frequencies at the levels they were mixed at. The person mastering it will be using very accurate monitors (hopefully) and it will sound most exciting on these.

Also, of course the room makes a difference. If you are serious in any way about how your music sounds you will realise that the gear you play it through is only the start. In a lot of rooms acoustic treatment is as important as the system you play it through.

Anyway, the maudios are decent enough. no they are not the best, but they arent particularly shoddy either. I noticed tannoy reveals mentioned. im not a great fan of them myself, they are a bit muddy for my liking. but its the same for any thing that makes noise. PLEASE go and listen to it first. People ask me to recommend instruments, speakers, gear. but what is the point if you havnt listened to it yourself. you might get lucky and buy something you like, but go and try it out lol. its not hard!