1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Good PC games with controller

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Igniseus, 28 Dec 2009.

1. Igniseus

Igniseus What's a Dremel?

I seem to be experiencing pain in the wrist/hand/arm lately (as in last year) while playing games, especially online competitive FPS games where I'm getting tense and gripping the mouse more.

Anyway, I'd like to try using my controller for a while, see if I experience any pain then, but I'm not sure what games would be any good. I know most games support controllers, but many of them just don't work very good. So, if anyone has any suggestions for any type of game on the PC they have tried and enjoyed with a controller (360 one in my case), that would be much appreciated :)

If it come down to it, I shall have to switch to console gaming...but that will be a sad day.

Thanks all

2. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Racing games?

Burnout: Paradise is on sale on steam for £5 for the next 20 hours. And Trackmania has a free version.

3. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I have used the 360 controller for Grid, and I have heard that it is very good for Dirt 2 aswell.
    Gears of war maybe?
    It will most likely be racing and crossplatform games.

4. Igniseus

Oops, sorry guys, forgot to mention I have a good Racing Wheel so no point in controller there. Thanks for the suggestions regardless though :)

Gears of War....hmm, I beat it on 360, pretty good, was gonna get it once for PC but I think at the time I went back to XP from Vista and its DX10 only isn't it? Running W7 now though.

Anyone know of any FPS games with auto-aim support? Would give me a feel for console FPS gaming. Borderlands has an option for it, and I did notice a slight bit of assistance, but regardless it seems to play pretty good with the controller.

I'd like to say gameplay always > graphics, but when I look at the comparisons, or when I play my GF's 360 it's hard to not be put off. Though when I play the 360 its on a very high end 24" monitor on my desk (the one I use for my PC) at a short distance. Not actually played a 360/ps3 in a living room before.

5. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

You can't really play anything multiplayer with a controller, it wouldn't be quick enough.

How about Dead Space? Horror shooter, and a console port too.

Or Assassin's Creed (1 & 2, 2 is out for PC in a month or two)?

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Batman Arkham asylum is a good one

7. Igniseus

I'm not bothered about multi-player, single-player/vs AI is fine. It's just to get a feel for how it plays, if I enjoy it, and if I experience any pains from using the 360 controller for extended periods. If it all works out great, I would get a console and then play the multi-player games there.

And actually, playing medic on TF2 is very doable with a controller, and even heavy seems reasonable. Medic only needed accuracy to latch on beam, and heavy has a wide spread and doesn't require precise body shots.

8. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Devil May Cry 4 is very good...

9. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Fallout 3 works well with the 360 pad, being a console port and all.

10. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Mirrors edge plays really well with a 360 pad :)