1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant (Good Rant) about Crucial RMA

Discussion in 'General' started by bigc90210, 21 Nov 2013.

1. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

Hi all,

Bought some tactical tracer ram on this forum which royal mail somehow broke or something happened to it in the journey from A-B as it wasnt working at all when i got it. Not a problem it seemed, filled in the 2 minute form on the crucial website and sent it back to crucial last thursday (with no receipt and as a second owner) and today i have recieved a brand new one no questions asked mere days later.

First class service, makes me pleased ive kitted most of my rigs our with their RAM now i know their RMA service is THAT good.

Happy Rant Over.

2. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

So you claimed on Crucial RMA for damage done during transit?

3. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

Possibly, all I know is the sender said they worked, when I got them I couldn't get one to work, I went on the crucial site and filled in the form for if I thought one had developed a fault, sent it away and they replaced it, as simple as that really. It was well packaged in the original crucial box (both sticks), so whatever caused it remains a mystery

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

If there was any physical damage they would have refused rma.

Crucial rma is right up there.

The rant tag on this looks like it is something negative!

5. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

I did say good rant in the title :D

Yeah they were packed to the quality id expect if id bought them directly and completely unmarked, really pleased they were so helpful it was an unfortunate situation resolved easily thankfully

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I had a double take after reading the thread too, automatically saw rant and my brain must have ignored the rest.

Or by 'Good rant', I thought good as in a proper big moan, :D

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

yeah... I thought you were going to tell loads of elaborate jokes. Or go complaint letter on us.

For instance, here is one I sent to Scottish Power:

Whether or not there is a complaint in here is up to you… I’m not sure there is other than, please, for the sake of God, Allah, Dawkins or whatever deity is going free, get me going with my agreement number xxxxxxxxx so I can give you some money and have an opinion in pretentious discussions on the state of Britain’s energy companies, whilst I swill a glass of red syrah I’ve bought because they mentioned it on Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch one time, slurring about cartels (things I thought beheaded people in youtube) and the state of my roof tiles since the great “storm” we had the other day, that was promptly full stopped by those poor *******s in the Philippines.

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Good companies stand by their products, Crucial is one of them.

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

This isn't even a rant, this is just a ( pointless ) thread saying thanks to Crucial for RMAing my broken 2nd hand ram- should have put it in the 'making your life awesome' thread.

Seeing as there was no physical damage, and ram has no moving parts to damage in transit, I'm more inclined to believe the previous owner borked them & sold them on to someone unsuspecting ( over volted perhaps, who knows... ).

10. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

Pretty sure passing on good warranty experiences with a company most people on here will have products from isn't pointless, I'd want to know things like this, I'd also want to know companies people have had bad experiences with too. I don't think the previous owner sold me something broken, I just think it must have got damaged somehow and crucial were happy to help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk