1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs Good Small Screen For PS3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by antec900, 9 Oct 2011.

1. antec900

antec900 Minimodder

Hi guys ... i have been a tad bored lately so i went out and bought a ps3 lol.

i have actually wanted one for ages :D for some of the console only releases e.g. metal gear and red dead.

Im a little disappointed with the graphics but i do usually play on pc so what can i expect. I bought it when staying at my brothers so i had it hooked up to a 32ich 720p sony screen and it looked great. Now i have it back at my flat, I dragged my old logik flat screen out of the garage to find that it was far worse than i remember lol... complete crap in fact.

I'm looking for a screen of about 24inches... should i go for somethin 1080p or is there no point with a screen so small?

what i would like are some recommendations on some of the higher quality small tvs on the market :D

not sure of my budget so feel free to through some good examples at me and i will try to make a decision :D

Thanks,

Josh

2. cdb

cdb No comment

3. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

Whether you will be able to distinguish between 720P and 1080P probably depends mostly on how far you will be sitting from the monitor... so how far will you be sitting from the monitor?

4. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Dell Ultra sharp U2311

5. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Are you actually going to be using it as a TV, i.e. watching digital channels, require audio etc? Whilst you could opt for an IPS PC monitor as suggested above, you'll need external speakers and there doesn't tend to be HDMI input on the cheaper recommended range.

As with most things tech related, especially screens, the more you spend the better quality you'll get. In my experience buying cheap TV's, particularly ~23", is a mixed bag and they can range from atrocious to ok, never really great.

However I recommend you look at Samsungs range. I bought a P2370hd a couple of years ago to use with my playstation for ~£190 and it's fine, still going strong today. Decent image, decent sound (which is rare on 23" TV's) and works well as a second TV in the flat. I've tried hooking my PS3 up to the dell U2410 and to be honest with you I prefer using it through the TV. Maybe it's something to do with the native res of the dell not being 16:9 but the image just looks a bit rough and odd whereas it just works on the samsung. Plus I mostly use the playstation as a dvd/media player these days and move it between the living room/bedroom tv's as and when and it's much less of a hassle to set up.

I think for a bit extra quality in all areas you should probably look at ~32" tv's and above. I went 23" because I needed it to be fairly portable but I always get a better experience playing it on a larger tele. Plus with Christmas less than 11 weeks (!) away there'll no doubt be some cracking deals to be found in the build up.

6. antec900

antec900 Minimodder

Not sure of how much i want to spend at the mo... just want some ideas. I also hate 3D so that's out (complete waste of money in my opinion)

I probably will be watching tv but very occasionally perhaps not at all :D depends whats on lol.

Im gonna be sitting pretty close which is my problem :D its next to my pc moniter so probs not more than a 150cm away

More replys welcome lol :D