1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good spot for a honeymoon?

Discussion in 'General' started by Monkeyboy, 30 Jan 2004.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

My fiance and I are planning our wedding (Donations accepted ;) ), and we are trying to figure out a place to spend our honeymoon. Any suggestions (within reason. nothing too exotic, as money is limited, as is time)? Thanks!

btw, the nuptuals will occur (hopefully) May 21, 2005.

2. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Hey, another guy from Austin :rock:

Our original plans were for a honeymoon in the rocky mountains.
    But we ended up settling on a resort outside of Huston, as there was more to do there. (Plus our time and money were also limited)
    The resort was a time-share kind of place that my parents gave us, but it was very nice. (Silverleaf resorts)

P.S. (Not to get off topic, but Monkeyboy have you checked out TXGF? www.TXGF.com)

3. Arthur2Sheds

Arthur2Sheds Jackson

Zap, Monkeyboy - my fiance and I will be headed your way in June of this year. We're going to San Antonio for a week. Congrats, by the way!

:thumb:

4. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

Thanks Zap! We're looking into maybe going out of state (She hasn't been out of TX in about 17 years), but your suggestion is noted. As for TXGF, we may just show up as spectators (but being V-day weekend, we may have other plans).

Thanks Arthur! Congrats to you too.

5. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

San Antonio is a fun city. Do the riverwalk...see the alamo, all that stuff.

enjoy!

6. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Personaly, I recomend the rocky mountians (canadian side). I live not 4 hours away from a place called Banff, and even closer than that is Kananaskis country, both are absolutely awesome places. True, Banff is over-run with chinese people :eyebrow: but it's still an incredable town to visit, or go on a honey-moon in. And Kananaskis is a campground (just incase your into camping that is), but, it has a small village on the side of a mountian there, witch is absolutey awesome. I don't think you could go wrong with a vacation up near the Canadian rockies :thumb:

7. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

SitraAchra: Yes, S.A. is nice. It's a maybe. It would save $$$ though...
    Malfoleo: I've heard of Banff (don't know where or when though...). Camping isn't my intended's thing, so Kananaskis is probably right out. Anyplace else up there seem promising?

Thanks for the suggestions, both of you! Keep them coming!

8. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Niagra Falls! :D

9. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

Niagra Falls?!?! Slowly I turned, step by step...
    Good choice.
    And I just found out dad is gonna be footing the bill (not you Dad, my dad. He works for American West Airlines, and can get us some good tickets! :rock: ). Money is less of an issue, but time will be a major factor (neither of us has schedules conducive to extended travel :grr: . As in for more than 3 or 4 days. Maybe a week tops, and that is pushing things).

10. Malvolio

Malvolio .

11. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

hows about the butlins in Bognor.... :naughty:

12. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

Thanks Y'all

Ugghh. Been gone for 2 days due to removal of all my wisdom teeth. ow.
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep 'em coming!
    Relatives of mine have suggested the following:
    Hawaii
    San Francisco
    Disneyworld
    Any opinions on those?

13. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

classy ;)

14. K

K 528491

Tahiti!
    Hong Kong!
    Weston Super Mare!
    New York New York! (I hear it's a hell of a town)
    Hawaii!
    San Francisco!
    For the love of gord and all things shiny not Disneyworld!
    ...and also perhaps Kyoto or Tokyo or anywhere in Japan! (Japan in springtime = magical cherry blossom [sakura])

15. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Thaught you could slip that one in with no one noticing ay...

16. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

Ok, I wasn't too wild about Disney either ( I think Mickey, Goofy, and Donald would kinda kill the romance, and if we went on It's A Small World Afterall it would lead to divorce.)
    I'd be more than willing to go to Japan. I don't know if my dad can pay for that, but i can probably chip in if I raid the trust fund ;). I'll talk the future Mrs. Monkeyboy into it by promising to buy her some panties out of a vending machine.
    Any more suggestions?

And having never been anywhere out of the country ( other than sh*tty Mexican border towns ) makes Weston Super Mare look kinda exotic. The food there wouldn't give the sh*ts would it? ;)

17. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

san fran is fantastic, especially if you want to go record shopping (yay amoeba!, too bad compound records is gone)

it really helps to have friends that live there though ... i spent nearly a week there in 2000, was wonderful. stayed with a friend out in pleasonton (was 10 of us total) and did a 3-day party out in the valley... so i spent 250$ on air, and 300$ on rekkids, and the rest of my 1200$ in the bank went to food and , uhm, party favors :naughty:

we were there for labor day weekend, well wednesday to tuesday following ... just perfect weather too ... anyway, if i had it to do over, i would go again. out of all the places ive visited in cali, its by far my favorite.

18. Stanmanfoo

Stanmanfoo What's a Dremel?

Whistler, BC!!!!

19. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

I would vote San Fransisco also.

I was there twice this year, the first time we were on guided tours, the second time was a "do it yourself" kind of trip.

If she likes shopping get a hotel near Market street.
    San Fransisco is great to just bum around for a day with no pressure as to what to do.

20. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

God I HATE New York City... I wish they would just break away from New York State and become their own state. They can even take Long Island if they want. Oh sorry, they won't be able to survive without my tax dollars.

[/end rant mode]

How about going to the next Bit meet in the UK for your Honeymoon!? I'm sure Penski will show you the sights! :D