1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye cruel world......

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by do_it_anyway, 14 Apr 2011.

1. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

....of the front page of Kakaostats.

Its taken me a few years to get there, rattling along with my poor PPD's and various hardware failures along the way.

Tis a sad day today. My final folding card, a GTX260 is leaving me. In its place a kind friend has sold me for generous rates an HD5870 1GB (for £100 - which I thought was kind).

I therefore now expect my ppd to plummet to previously unseen levels of mediocracy. :wallbash:

You may all be able to save me though :idea:
    What client is best for ATi (sorry - AMD :rolleyes: ) cards?
    and I don't currently fold on my i5 750. I couldn't get the SMP client to work properly and got such a low PPD from the standard CPU client I didn't bother.
    Anyone want to try talking me through getting some decent CPU PPD?
    (PS. This is my only PC. Its a gaming PC first, but I try to do some good for the team when Im not gaming. The PC isn't on for hours at a time, it gets switched off frequently. So clients that don't "restart" well aren't much use)

Thanks Guys :clap:

2. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Latest v6.4 GPU3 client for now. Lately there has been some talk that the v7 client will have an improved option for AMD cards, but I think it's not quite there yet.

If you want to try the SMP client, then the 6.34 client is much easier to set up than previous versions. V. 7 client promises to be even easier, but still has some bugs.

Last edited: 14 Apr 2011