1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google IPO

Discussion in 'General' started by Soulfly22583, 29 Apr 2004.

  1. Soulfly22583

    Soulfly22583 What's a Dremel?

    Joined:
    12 Jan 2004
    Posts:
    339
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just read about it on CNN. Going asking for an IPO of 2.7 Billion dollars from the SEC.

    Maybe it will revitalize the stock market like they are saying
     
  2. Ubermich

    Ubermich He did it!

    Joined:
    21 Jun 2002
    Posts:
    4,389
    Likes Received:
    1
    I just want it to happen already. It'll make google one of the big-bad-corporations like Microsoft or Xerox, but oh well.
     
  3. Bogomip

    Bogomip ... Yo Momma

    Joined:
    15 Jun 2002
    Posts:
    5,161
    Likes Received:
    39
    what does this mean BTW ? im not up on all this stock market stuff :)
     
  4. malcs

    malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

    Joined:
    24 May 2003
    Posts:
    1,842
    Likes Received:
    1
    it means that they now own you.
     
  5. Ubermich

    Ubermich He did it!

    Joined:
    21 Jun 2002
    Posts:
    4,389
    Likes Received:
    1
    it means they'll "go public"... People will be able to buy x% of the company (the owner of Google would keep 51% at all times, and the other 49% would be split between investors and employees). If the market works for them, and they prove that they can make profits, they *could* increase the value of the company quite a bit.
    Only thing I don't remember is how public an IPO is. I don't think it'll be readily available on e-trade, but I think some investment agents can get a hold of it? Feel free to correct me.
     
  6. moose

    moose What's a Dremel?

    Joined:
    12 Mar 2001
    Posts:
    789
    Likes Received:
    1
    When I heard the BBC reporting it in the news the other day, I heard talk of 'an auction' of sorts, which 'would allow members of the public an equal chance of getting shares'.
     
  7. Ubermich

    Ubermich He did it!

    Joined:
    21 Jun 2002
    Posts:
    4,389
    Likes Received:
    1
    If it's available to the public, and I get the jeep sold today, I'm going to be jumping all over that.
    Google is one of those companies that's going to do a bit of everything, I don't see their stock dropping for a while (assuming it doesn't start off at a ridiculous price, which it probably will because of all this publicity :rolleyes: )
     

Share This Page