1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google launching YouTube Gaming today

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 26 Aug 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Is it any less appallingly (half a minute?!) laggy than Twitch?

3. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

See, that twitch lag is half the service and half to keep things competitive. Some of the delay is to prevent people ghosting the stream.

4. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

Good luck big 'G', hope to see some live score on whoever takes the lead...

5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It'll be interesting to see how they compete with Twitch on the monetization side of the service, as it'll probably need to offer some kind of incentive beyond improved video feed options to lure over some of the big-time streamers.

With how much work some people have put into creating their Twitch channels, it might be a big challenge for them to get people to put in the effort to go through all of that setup again for a new service. Though I guess if someone has a good stable uploading connection, they could potentially stream to both services at once... depending on any restrictions they impose on doing that.

I'm also not sure so many people will be overly trusting with the income they can make on this new service, partly due to the issue that a portion of us had with YouTube dropping the rates on their current services without prior warning.

6. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

pause and resume the stream ? norm less then 15 second delay (unless the user Set a delay)

youtube is 30-40 seconds delay at the moment

7. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Plus Twitch is slowly moving to an HTML5 player so they are slowly killing off Flash!!!

8. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

it's needed as i had windows 10 on my laptop (for a short time, the upgrade and revert works fairly well)
    the HTML5 on the EDGE browser has some vodo that allows it to use the video card to offload all the work (even on stock windows 7 driver intel HD driver 2007 on windows 10 that does not even have WDDM 2.0 support), only downside with Edge was ram usage over time (was using 1.4GB of ram and i only had 1 tab open) also windows 10 system process was slowly using lots of ram as well ( i had 8 so 5-6GB of ram use was not a problem but i could see it been problem for others with 2-4GB of ram)

what i am surprised is that Flash on any system i been using lately is not doing decode via the GPU any more (GPU is doing the rendering at least) cpu is having to do all the work resulting in hot laptop and not so hot battery life (Extremely bad performance on any AMD C/G/E/E1/E2 and slight performance hit to the ATOM renamed intel pentium Nxxx and xxxJ cpus and others that are rebranding the ATOM to hide the fact they are nearly crap CPUs)