1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Google Now Navigation reminder

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kenco_uk, 30 May 2014.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to do the following and thought I'd put it on here in case someone's managed to do it already:

Using Google Now, I'm trying to set a reminder so that it tells me when to set off to get to a village hall in the middle of nowhere to get there by a certain time.

I thought I heard a rumour that Google Now, after scouring your emails, would give you a poke about leaving in time to get to an airport for a flight you'd received details for through email.

So what I want to do is something very similar, but set it myself. It's a shame I can't just place a marker in Google Maps, then tap it and select a time/date/reason and then it automatically set a reminder for me, i.e. if the travelling time turns out to be 20 minutes, I'd get a reminder perhaps 25 minutes beforehand. It'd be even cooler if it recognised that I was travelling faster than walking speed then automatically launch into the nav app with the route onscreen.

Is this just a pipe dream or can it be done? tia.

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

It will do it. For me it told me to leave to get to a meeting with a wedding photographer at our venue. I had the event in my calendar (google calendar) and then the name of the venue in the "where" section. I only had "Boys Hall, Ashford" not the rest of the address or postcode or anything

Hope that helps!

GK