1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GPU overheating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrABC, 17 Apr 2002.

1. MrABC

MrABC What's a Dremel?

Ok, I replaced my abit board - and it boots up!!! Albeit with an old ATI 8mb agp card I had. Apparently, my other card (A leadtek GF2 Ti VX) is not detected by the mobo so it wont go into post. So I did all this tricks, like unscrewing bracket, etc. But when I came to actually holding it vertical (so it doesnt go at an angle in the AGP slot) i burnt my fingers...Literally. The damn thing was sooooo HOT! I was wondering what kind of crappy cooling leadtek put on the card! Well...I did take the fan off and put it back on again =] So i was wondering, if an overheating GPU would cause my BIOS not to detect it? This true? And i dont think its damaged - no scorch marks anywhere on the core or hsf and the led's seem to come on fine. (not the error led tho).
    Suggestions?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Probably sounds as though its a dodgy card cause it shouldnt be that hot. You tryed whacking an 80mm fan over it and then booting?? If still no joy send it back, dont mod it otherwise ull viod the warrenty.

3. MrABC

MrABC What's a Dremel?

hmmmmmmm..its a buggered up card...bloody hell, after my mobo fiasco as well =]

Tags: