1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos GPU shots

Discussion in 'General' started by mikemaher205, 31 Jul 2013.

1. mikemaher205

mikemaher205 What's a Dremel?

I have a random question for the day;

Why is it in almost all graphic card photos, there is never a view of the card from the angle you would see it if it were inserted into a motherboard with a window? We always see pictures of the fans (which face down and away), the output ports (which face away) and maybe the odd artistic angle (only viewed briefly if the card is dropped). So why never from the side profile that faces out? Surely, for those that go by looks over performance, you'd want to see every angle?

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

The purpose of these photos is to help sell the card. That's it. It could also be argued that the purpose of having such stylised coolers at all is purely to help sell the graphics cards, because all that plastic actually impinges performance... it just holds on to the heat. Sure makes the cards look good though. :D

3. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

Inverted ATX for the win. I think half the cases i've owned have been inverted, but then again 90% of the cases i've owned have been Lian Li and they like that.

4. mikemaher205

mikemaher205 What's a Dremel?

I get that, but the angles used never show the one from which the card will be viewed once fitted to a motherboard.