1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Gran Turismo 5 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Nov 2010.

1. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

TOTAL BS, roads dont have bumps? did you play 1 track? LMAO, thta is a total and utter falsehood. Game is more forgiving? i played iracing and rfactor, yes, they are more sim, but bya SMALL margin, even the slightest mistake, touch the break, accelerate in the wrong spot your a gonner, forst to 8th. not sure what or how much you played, but the game, as far as driving physics, is outstanding. There are tonnes of bumps, making many trakcs, corners very tricky. Try the top gear test track, thats quite hard as is the nurburgring challenge.

2. mastorofpuppetz

PS: Did you check your wheel settings? Put it on Sim, FFB 10, and assists off.

3. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

what's quite funny is the fact that we're discussing how 'real' these games are but none of us has any clue how a car behaves at the speeds we drive in these games :D :D :D - and am sure that some of don't even have a driving license (me personally, i know, i'm too old and should have had one already)

4. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

...and am sure that some of don't even have a driving license... should be: and am sure that some of us don't even have a driving license

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

There is an edit button hexx.

The rest of you calm down, there's no need to fling the BS word about so readily, that always leads to pointless flames.

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'm yet to find one in game, but if there's any of the 16 cars I've driven in there somewhere I'll snap them up straight away. I'd love to see how they are portrayed in a game.

7. taskermatic

taskermatic Spudder

Great critique for someone who is in all probability a microsoft employee.

8. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

where's the edit button? can't see it - i'm using website to comment - not forums

9. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I'll be picking up the game on saturday. I am sure it's gonna be AMAZING!

10. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

better than that ;)

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ah, there's your problem. How about using the clearly superior forums?! :p

12. mastorofpuppetz

HAHA, so true. Clearly a biased and worthless post.

13. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

I was so hoping for a game so epic and polished that all would be in unervieral agreement about just how game changing it was. Shame, I guess I'll wait for a price drop, I nearly considered spending the full retail on this.

14. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

on your standard car model comment, you do realize that even the standard cars have 3 - 4 times as many triangles and detail then GT4 right? They just don't have the interior view or as advanced damage detailing. They still have damage mind you, just not as much, and the new patch coming out that gives mechanical damage will include the standard cars.

As for the future of the series, I expect GT6 to be out in 2 - 3 years and have maybe 1300 cars, way more premium cars and vehicles. There will also be continued expansion into the special events like go-cart racing and NASCAR. Also maybe some technical glitches fixed, but I doubt many since the PS3 is at its limit thanks to its limited amount of ram.

15. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Doesn't really matter how many polygons they are when most of the textures are appalling. Only standard car I bought is the FTO '97 I had to buy at the start of the game, stayed away from them since

Tags: Add Tags