1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gran Turismo to hit the PC?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Apr 2008.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I wouldnt buy a Microsoft wheel. The Logitech Momo (Red Version) is great but isnt made anymore and expensive if you find one. The Black version is supposed to be good too.

What kind of price range are you looking at? There is the Logitech Driving Force Pro or the Logitech G25, both are very good.

Do you need forcefeedback really? Some of the most expensive steering wheels are not force feedback (TSW, ECCI)

A good place to find info on them would be on a racing sim forum ( www.rscnet.org to be specific ). It has sections on building your own wheel (my preference for a wheel) and on ones you can buy. Lots of info there.

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Well seeing as this game is realistically the only reason many people will be buying a PS3, it would be an odd move by Sony.

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You foget MGS 4 and FF XIII

4. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Never going to happen. Ever. GT5 is Sony's cash cow, no way they're going to let it go anywhere else.

Even if they did, sales for PC games aren't that high (unless you're talking about the Sims), making the effort of porting it worthless.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Not really, they'd make the cost of porting it deffinitely

6. hawky84

hawky84 SilentModder

if you think these games are realistic then you need to play live for speed, the on-line racing just adds to the experience with great championships with players from around the world. You can set the car up down to corner weights, camber, tow, amount of fuel, etc, etc and you can send the car set ups to other players, this leads to different racing styles with the same car. Drifting compitions are esspecially sweet :D

7. hawky84

hawky84 SilentModder

I don't see how this effects the PC build, as the console market is a whole other monster...

I only have ever and will buy PC and Nintendo

so really moving to the PC just opens up revenue to GT / PS

8. A5H

A5H What's a Dremel?

Hasn't this been a rumour for a long time now?
    I really wouldn't have thought sony would lose one of the only single platform games they have left.

9. Elz

Elz miaow

Sorry but I'm going to take issue slightly with this line that gets repeated everywhere and often, which says something along the lines of 'good for the PC, or better with a controller?'. Surely that's a non-issue; you can get controllers for the PC. Good ol' 360 pad does the job very nicely indeed.

Gran Turismo on the PC would be great! I would welcome it with open arms.

10. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Someone is ignorant, PC sales are actually very good, NDp sales are only for NA and only retail, many articles have since dis-proven that the PC is doing that badly.

11. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

Agree. :)

I've been using it for a few months, and, ok, it isn't a G25, but it's very capable in racing games.

12. roadie

roadie What's a Dremel?

Perhaps only releasing a game like this through a download system might be a way of staving piracy? I would 100% buy this if it were available on Steam.

13. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

You do know that they pirate steam games too :duh:

14. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

The only reason to buy a PS3 gone?

15. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

as others have commented..... YES!!!!!

16. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, last tests I read are a couple of years old ;-)

Logitech Driving Force Pro sounds good.
    Logitech G25 is too expensive for me.
    Logitech Momo has changed (no more leather, are the interiours the same?), and is a lot less expensive.

In fact, the Momo is at the same pricepoint as the Driving Force Pro.
    Which one would you recommend?

Regards,

Xir

17. Xir

Xir Modder

Okay, I've found a site with some internals of the "new" Momo.

And now I know why its so much cheaper:
    -No ball bearing, just a plastic bushing.
    -Plastic instead of metal cogswheels.

Driving force Pro:
    -Ball bearings
    -Plastic cogwheels

So: I've answered my own question ;-) The G25 is best of course, but costs more than double ;-)

18. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I just came.

Hopefully, support for the Fanatec 997 wheel/pedal set is also ported.
    I highly doubt Polphony will go through with supporting custom, live cockpit racing configurations as it would be a conflict of interests with the franchise's vision.

Here is where the vast majority of mainstream racing fans fumble in their logic. Adding more adjustable variables to a game or car does not instantly rationalize a game as more 'real' than others. There's a major difference between driving simulators and racing simulators--the Gran Turismo franchise having always been the former. In reality, Gran Turismo can be considered more real on the basis that it is actually emulating the unique behaviors of real-life roadworthy motor vehicles, which is fundamentally more realistic in the sense that it's closer to our own reality as motorists and driving enthusiasts (see: Best Motoring). So, with that in mind, on what grounds can you claim that GTR2, Live for Speed, or rFactor are more real? Have you recognized the indisputable reality that these titles have largely fictionalized the performance of their cars, whereas Gran Turismo has always mimicked the cars already present?

Last edited: 21 Apr 2008
  19. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Oh this would be awesome, Grand Turismo + DX10 + my G25 = Win.

20. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

U are flat wrong, the cars in Live for speed, GTr are handle mucj more realistic, it can take days just to learn to maneuver properly one track in thiose games, Gran Turismo is an arcade racer. If u think the cars in GT drive more realistically, I have a bridge to sell u. you can pick up GT and master it in littlr time, takes little practice, and very little skill. Not so with GTR, live for speed, u need to know each track, and the cars handling is very refined, one slight mistake in taking the wrong line ina turn means u lsoe. Gran Turismo is not even in the same league as these racers.

Being able to tweak the cars is just a bonus, but the handling of GT is terribly unrealistic compared to GTR, Live for Speed. I don't think u kow how cars in real life handle with that comment.

Tags: Add Tags