1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I'm just on ADSL with Sky, I can't get fibre where I live yet unfortunately but mine's been sitting around 1.3MB/s which isn't far off the maximum I can get; it's a shame yours is going so slowly on such a fast connection, like you say it's down to the servers. I've noticed my connection drop off a couple of times like in your screenshot but only briefly, it hasn't died on me yet. It spent some time paused as I was on Skype with my dad but it's downloading again now and coming up to 4.5GB. The ETA at the moment is one day and three hours. I don't much care how long it takes though, so long as it's finished before Tuesday.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Yeah I'm also having severe problems getting this downloaded. I normally get about 500KBps on our crappy ADSL at home, but I was getting that for the first 20GB or so, then it dropped down to between 20-120KBps. I thought it was out connection so I took it over to the mother in law's house with max speed Virgin - and was still getting the same speeds.

Now I'm just getting the connection lost message all the time. Still, it wouldn't be a Rockstar PC release without some degree of spectacular fail now would it?

I don't really care whether it's finished by Tuesday or not, but I do like to turn my PC off when I'm not using it and it's been on for a few days now.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, I had that for a couple of days. It just decided not to eat its own arse one night and knocked out 30gb overnight.

I was stuck 18-25gb with wildly fluctuating speeds, from 2kb/s to 7.8mb/s

I'm more annoyed by the cock-tease countdown you get after it's all finished..

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

my first 40GB was fast, 6MB/ps or there abouts. then it dropped to 1 or 2MB/ps sometimes jumping up for a bit.

Loaded and installed few days ago now so all set.
    dont forget to join the Crew group guys

thanks for the promotion! :D
    Whos hatmarmite?

5. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Mine has been fairly consistent compared to what some of you guys have experienced. It's dropped down to just a few KBps at times but has generally been what I'd expect from my connection.

It's very nearly done now.

[​IMG]

In fact in the time it took to upload that screenshot it's moved on to verifying the data.

[​IMG]

How long is this likely to take I wonder....

EDIT

I spoke too soon!

[​IMG]

I guess it lied to me when it said it was done the first time. Second time lucky?

Last edited: 12 Apr 2015
  6. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Minimodder

Yeah mine randomly decided to get its act in gear and downloaded the last 30gb @ 8.2-8.9mb/s.

Still dropped out from time to time, but finished now at least.

I was more just peeved that I had to leave my pc on.

@Comrade Woody - looks like it found errors in 6gb of your files. Not surprisng really given the issues a lot of us seem to off had. Some people have seen theirs go back to 30gb. :jawdrop:

7. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Yeah I think I've been pretty lucky really considering the problems some people have had. Mine's done now, it took about 22 hours in total.

[​IMG]

Not long to wait now, and in the meantime there's GoT to watch :D

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Rock on Tuesday, a full day off work, all i have to do is learn how to play this properly, not randomly running people over and beating folk up :lol:

9. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Been on the BTGC since it launched, but thus far, haven't played a game with any of you, Hopefully that'll change with this. I plan on getting a proper headset next month so should be even better. GTA4 with ICE 3.0 is currently keeping me busy :thumb:

Sam

Ninja Edit: 6000th post :thumb:

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

:rock:

11. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

So 12 midnight tonight it is available?
    I so wish I was off work for a week now. :(

Cannot feckin' wait! Should have upgraded PC to be able to play at full prettiness.

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Just bought the game for £16.50 with all preorder bonuses :D

Preloaded first 1GB at my internet max speed. It says 3 hr to completion.

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Finally finished downloading in the small hours of this morning. I can only assume that R* either had some sort of issue or simply added more capacity.

Shame I'm working every day and have a young family. I'm limited to playing from about 23:00-02:00 most days, and most of the time I simply can't be bothered because I'm too tired :sigh:

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL :lol:

15. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

first thing im doing is finding my Sultan and RSing it! love that car. Faster than the top supercars and 4WD :D

16. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I'm really looking forward to playing this now. I've not played any of the console versions. Apart from the recent 60fps PC video I've never even seen the game running. I've deliberately avoided information on it so that I can discover things for myself when I finally get to play it. I was quite disappointed with GTA IV but I have very high hopes for this :D

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

had the preload since it went live on Steam. All set to play tonight hoping it's not a complete feck up and runs like it should.

Rockstar don't be Ubisoft and make a mess of things.

18. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

the first GTA will always be my favourite!

19. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Ignore my previous post about it unlocking at 8am over here:

BST (British Standard Time): April 14 @ 12:00 AM
    EST (Eastern Standard Time, US): April 13 @ 7:00 PM
    PST (Pacific Standard Time, US): April 13 @ 4:00 PM
    AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time): April 14 @ 9 AM
    AWST (Australian Western Standard Time): April 14 @ 7 AM

From here

20. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Coffee in the pot... Pouring in the hot juice at 830, GoT at 9, talk about GoT until 11, quick poo and shower... Should lead me right into either a critical update, power cut or a dimensional worm hole opening up in the vicinity of my motherboard