1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I found that on my daughters machine as it was struggling with frame rate, chnaging vsync helped, on my own machine, mouse was fine.

2. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I've got a Nexus 6, running 5.1 so would argue otherwise! (Unless you mean 5.0, in which case you could be right?)

3. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

OPO updated to 5.0.2 this morning.
    Just downloading iFruit now :)

4. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Anyone feel like doing the first heist (or at least start the set-up missions) this evening (8ish)?

I'll front any setup costs, you can find me on Rockstar Social club in the Bit-Tech clan or as monkeychunks.

5. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Poor companion app that.....the Dying Light and Black Flag ones were slick and well presented (and pretty damn good fun too, especially the Black Flag one).

This is not.
    :duh:

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Weird, in the play store i just get the message 'your device isnt compatible with this version'

7. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Any one have steam grant some achievments you should not have? The other day I was loading in (so not actually in game yet, just the loading screen) and steam popped up that i got the ach for rank 25, 50 and 100 online. Non of my chars have ever got to 20 yet!

My xbox 360 one got glitched and has like $450 million and i transferred the Xbone char to PC.

*Shrug*

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

If you grab the .APK online you can just install it onto the phone and use it that way, it's a work-around for devices that aren't explicitly compatible, there's just no support if there are graphical glitches and such if you do force it around that way.

As for mouse sensitivity; Changing it from "Raw Input" to "DInput" in settings helped a lot for me, as well as turning Vsync off. There's all sorts of odd mouse issues with the game, but that's really all the issues I've had with it.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Soo.. I tried GTA Online last night.

Got killed several times over by two chaps with much better weapons and cars. Reminded me of PvP servers on WoW, and why I hated them.

I understand passive mode exists, but considering the experience was laggy anyway, I don't get why people play GTA:O..

10. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Hehe, one of the reasons I rushed to buy the game was so I could play GTA Online with my friends. Well, turns out they have no life commitments so played non-stop for a couple days before I could get online. By the time I could play they were fully kitted out and doing heists that I couldn't manage in my noob state. Then I would just get killed over and over by other people on the server.

So basically a load of crap then. Just said eff you to the friends and decided I'll stick to the story mode until another friend has completed his finals. Luckily for him I don't get to play enough to be able to create the sort of disparity I experienced.

Given I basically got the game half price (sold off some CSGO skins) I'm not too mad about picking it up early.

11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

GTA Online as a free roam is an absolute mess, everyone just shoots everyone else on the off chance they'll shoot them, but the actual missions are amazing, and at the end when everyone in the group gets dropped out into free roam: It's not uncommon for everyone to pile into the nearest car and start roadtripping for a bit.

Till someone shoots at us, then they are in for one hell of a bad day.

Personally I simply believe in reacting with overwhelming force, i'll happily leave people alone, but if so much as one bullet is fired in my direction; I will gleefully blow the assaulting person into high orbit with an excess of Sticky Bombs, most people will also flee if you destroy their shiny personal vehicle too, which is a nice trick for getting rid of them, although you do have to eat their insurance costs.

12. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

You can get bad rep for blowing up cars, you get known as a "Bad Sport" and it will cause you to be matchmade with similar players.

13. Bhuvsta

Bhuvsta Minimodder

Just joined the Bit-tech crew. My name is Bhuvsta if anyone is looking for a bullet sponge while they complete the mission :) .

Unfortunately the game isn't running too well for me in crossfire. I get quiet a bit of stuttering and a lower fps than using a single card.

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Getting d3d_init errors now, 4 so far, last 2 both this evening. Twice now I've gone to try and get the sub and both times it's crashed, :D

15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

still downloading the patch the download corrupt its self so only about 1Gb left now

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Having an ongoing issue since the first patch and has continued with the second patch.

During a mission I have had the game freeze/crash when switching between characters as part of the mission. This is an auto switch as per the story not during the mission itself.

Looking around there is a fix but you have to replace a .dll file which I don't really want to do as I don't trust that kind of thing. I might do a clean install of drivers and see if that helps.

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Just make a copy of the .dll that you are moving on your desktop, try the new one, and if it doesn't work, put the old one back in.

18. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I'll have to join the BT crew - I really want to get into GTA online but the matchmaking against randoms is just a waste of time in my experience...

19. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've joined the crew too, but I'm yet to venture into an online game (and having read the above, I fear I'll be a bullet-magnet)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I had issues with authenticating the game at the beginning. In the end I had to use tethering on my mobile to authenticate. After that it was fine. Really piss poor logging of the issue though from the application. I had added my PC to bypass proxies and everything, even tried plugging into network edge with 1to1 nat...