1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Nice, thanks for the link.

I was convinced that Rockstar were going to release this on the next generation, good to see I'll be able to buy this game for my Xbox 360. Although I would prefer to play on my PC... *crosses fingers for PC version 6 months after console release*

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've been playing VC lately (Thanks PSN), and I hope V has the same light hearted vibe. IV just seemed too.. Heavy for a GTA game.

3. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

4. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Epic. :D

I can see they've incorporated some facial animations from the technology they used for LA Noire. Can't wait!

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Looks simply awesome.

7. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Take your time R* - make it good, make it good!

I so want to play Trevor!

8. rollo

rollo Modder

They have denied again any form of a pc port at this time, Considering the game is set for late 2013 release you would of assumed they would of started work on the port for the pc now as the game on consoles is surely finished this close to launch.

Every device but a pc has been listed from an ipad to the wii, I do wonder if its a game that we will never see or if it will be another badly optimised port ( see GTA4 )

Will end up with ps3 version myself most likely dout id buy a pc release unless it actually offered something else on top thats the problem rockstar have with this none multi platform release. Why buy something twice that was released 6months earlier.

9. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

10. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Not played any GTA since GTA2 but this does look pretty sweet. Might be tempted myself when the reviews come out.

Lets hope for good things.

11. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I'm hoping for a PS4 release to be honest, if the PC version is going to take forever to arrive.

12. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

A round-up of the latest information.

Edit: List of confirmed stuff from various articles, courtesy of Reddit:

• Each main character also has their own special abilities. Michael can slow down time during a gunfight, Franklin can slow down time during a car chase, and Trevor can take less damage and inflict more damage than the others, plus he has special melee attacks. The special abilities need to be recharged and can't be used constantly.
    • The transition between the three protagonists is smooth; the camera zooms out to a Google Earth view, the screen fills with static, the camera moves across the city and zooms back into your chosen character.
    • You can buy property too; houses, garages and businesses can all be purchased for extra revenue sources. Some examples include nightclubs and a yacht.
    • Characters can get a haircut, tattoo or change clothing.
    • Hundreds of side-missions are in the game.
    • Weapons can also be customised with laser sights, scopes, silencers, and high capacity magazines.
    • Health regens to 50%, after that you need medkits.
    • Pay N Sprays now double up as mod shops, and your cars can be given paint jobs, new wheels, window tints, grilles, spoilers, plus you can upgrade suspensions, engine and brakes, handy if you've pinpointed, say, an Infernus that you think could be a useful getaway vehicle.
    • The Ballas gang from San Andreas is back. If police are chasing you and you drive into Ballas territory, they will immediately start shooting at the cops and you can lose some of the heat that way.
    • You can pick up hitchikers, do stunt jumps and flying challenges, take part in yoga, golf, tennis or bike races.
    • Like Skyrim, each of the protagonists’ skills in certain disciplines – shooting, driving, flying and so on – improves the more they are used. So while Franklin will start the game as the most accomplished driver and Trevor’s time in the military means he’s the best pilot, you’ll be able to redress the balance simply by playing the game. Stamina, lung capacity, strength and stealth are also tracked, and Rockstar says new tools and boosts will be unlocked as you improve.
    • Rockstar said GTAV will have 5x more pedestrians than in GTAIV.
    • There is a wider field of vision, and players can run-and-gun.
    • There's a "crazy level of detail": Tourist buses can be boarded for a tour of celebrity homes, film posters are plastered on the walls, men in comedy costumes try to corner you outside the Cathay Theatre, including the Superman-like Impotent Rage and Master Chief riff, Space Ranger.
    • Treasures can be found underwater, but NPCs will be looking for them too.
    • If you die the game reloads to the last checkpoint, even if two other characters are alive.
    • The shooting mechanics have been improved. The camera is further back in shooting mode, allowing the player to see more. The crosshairs become red when you target an enemy and an X appears when you shoot them, to confirm the kill.
    • You no longer lose a weapon if you use the last bullet in your clip.

Last edited: 2 May 2013
  13. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

1.) Pick up hitchiker
    2.) Drive off cliff
    3.) ??
    4.) Profit

what?! :worried:

14. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

15. liratheal

Starting to sound more like a game I'd want to play tbh.

16. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

I'll be honest and say the 3 characters business has me worried that I'm not gonna enjoy it as much. I think I'll only ever play as Michael when I have a choice on who I can play as.

17. liratheal

Yeah, that'll be the biggest bugbear for me too.

If it's done reasonably well then I guess it won't be so bad, could even be interesting (Depending how they play the characters off against each other), but it's got some elements from GTA Vice City that really appeal.

Prepping a bank heist rather than just doing one sounds much more immersive to me.

18. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Wow... I'd been hiding under a rock when it came to GTA updates. Looks like they are bringing back a lot of what some people missed in the last.

Think this will be the first thing I play on consoles since Red Dead Redemption.

19. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I am kind of hoping that you are not forced into playing a certain character at a certain time - I would hate to have to swap about to fit into some kind of forced storyline - unless I wanted to of course. Personally I am all over Trevor - he's the man!

20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew