1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Graphic card problem?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by PawelKosi, 6 Oct 2009.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

80'C?! Bugger me that's warm. I'd just give up with the stock cooler and grab something like an HR-05...

2. PawelKosi

PawelKosi What's a Dremel?

Ok, card is back at it's socket, works well.
    Everything is set back to it's stock speeds (cleared CMOS)
    We'll see what is going to happen now.
    The chipset cooler I bought wont fit :wallbash: so as I am thinking 'baut buying bigger case I'll do the trick with new thermal paste then (as kenco_uk pointed out), when moving to new case.

So it's not GPU, its not PSU
    I dont think so that it might have something to do with CPU so I rule that one out, so were left with Motherboard.
    I rule out the DDR's too as they are relatively new and I had faulty ddr's before so I know the problems occur in different situations and in different maner.

I will install new drivers and will have all temp readings on all the time. I will report to You guys as soon as I learn something new.

3. PawelKosi

Sod's Law
    Nothing happens, everything works as it should :D

Do You have any ideas guys, what software to use to test the mobo? I am running out of ideas and it seems I havent yet found the couse of all this...

Thanks again

4. Jejking

Jejking Who's the man?

Maybe this is offtopic but you should REALLY check your temperature sensors (and the airflow), broken? 80 degrees C is definitely NOT healthy for your mobo. What are the load temps?

5. PawelKosi

It hits 80 C during load, idles at 70 - 73 C

How can I check the sensor? I mean temp is changing accordingly to load.
    I will change the termal paste as it was mentioned before.

If it comes to ariflow, the inside of the case is bit messy, but I am getting bigger case so it will not be a problem anymore.

Thanks for post

6. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

dust the heatsink? could be blocked up. those are some high temps but a low delta

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah get the heat down a bit and see if that fixes the issue.. I noticed in the op you mentioned pressing in the pcie card.. you can accidentally ground it if it's powered on like that

what is it like when you take it out of the case and run it on a table

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Aye, it doesn't get too much airflow, but it's a common 'problem' for some x58 boards. As I've said, it's probably down to some poor quality goop used. The chip is okay to 100c and mine doesn't get much hotter than 80 tbh.

9. PawelKosi

My apologies to You all :) I heven't posted on the progress of resolving my issue. Well like with touch of magic wand everything is fine now I haven't changed my case yet so mobo chip is still running hot but no more problems occur. I am waiting for windows 7 to be more affordable (prolly after new year) then I'll install it and see if the same software problems occur (like video playback lagging etc.) but hopefully by then I will be able to affrod to change some components - mobo in the first place :D
    Oh, and everything is overclocked again and is working fine ;) What the hell happened remains a mistery :)
    If at any point I'll find out, I'll let u guys know :)
    But for now thx for all the hints.