1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Graphics card wont except drivers

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Sky_wolf, 29 Aug 2017.

1. Sky_wolf

Sky_wolf What's a Dremel?

A have a Asus gtx 560 on a z86 motherboard and windows 10.

For a week a go i was downloading som images from a sd card, no problem the i tried to open the image and the screen went black after a while manual restart. Window start when switches to logon screen the screen went black and the USB dies 5 sec later a dpc watchdog violation. Reset windows to working drive images. Same problem. All is working in safe mode find a fix deploy the fix noting happens remove all graphic card driver. Now a can boot normal but the graphics is on VGA mode like when first install window pre drivers.
    [​IMG]

Time to install drivers all is find to the first flickering screen tern black second later the USB the restart. Back to the same drives as before. A haw tried the latest, the one a had before and trow Geforce Experience.

A hope that you can help me an not give me the answer i´m dreading

2. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Not sure about the USB issue unless I'm reading your post wrong, but graphics card failing at driver load is a classic symptom of card failure...

My first action is usually to do a complete re-install of Windows and drivers to see if that helps, and try older graphics drivers, unlikely, but worth a try (though it looks like you've tried that). If that doesn't help, it's good if you have access to another graphics card to try in the machine. If that works, then it's likely your GPU is gone.

3. tech45K

tech45K What's a Dremel?

Based from your description, the card is the one that has an issue.