1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Green Neon Acrylic - First time HELP

Discussion in 'Modding' started by EternalChaos, 24 Nov 2007.

1. EternalChaos

EternalChaos What's a Dremel?

We'll This is my first mod, its VERY simple, What I want to do is replace the clear windows witha green one =]
    Heres the case:
    [​IMG]
    So, What my questions are:

1. Where can i buy green arcylic? It has to be liek that bright neon stuff =D

2. What kind of tools do I need? I sohuld have most of the stuff in my shop.
    a. To drill the wholes
    b. To cut the acrylic

Thanks in advanced for the help =]

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

for acrylic try hindleys i used them recently and can fault them:thumb:! as for drilling and cutting i find a standard drill and jigsaw works great just have to take it steady from personal experience.

3. GunnerRecall

GunnerRecall The cake is a lie.

You can grab some AC Ryan acrylic from Performance-Pcs.com (http://www.performance-pcs.com/), just check under Case Parts, mods and DIY, And go under Window Kits/Edging/Molding.

As for tools, you'll probably need a holesaw in the size you want the fanhole to be, a jigsaw to cut the acrylic, a drill with drill bits to drill the holes for the screws (And to use the holesaw as well) and some hand files if you want to smooth the edges down.

4. EternalChaos

EternalChaos What's a Dremel?

What is the stuff im looking for? Case or Extruded Acrylic?
    http://www.hindleys.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=7_57_60_61

And for the wholes for the screws.. Do I need a special bit to make it so the screws thread in? or just a normal bit and then just screm them in?>

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

If your looking for FLUORESCENT green as mentioned in your original post then here for a 1000mm x 600mm sheet 3mm thick

if you do buy from them remember theres VAT on top of the prices on the site aswell as postage.

For drilling i think this might help, good luck