1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows GRID on PC "stutters" in races and menus - SOLVED

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Thacrudd, 1 Jan 2009.

1. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

8800GTS 320Mb
    Athlon X2 6000+
    570i mobo
    onboard audio
    Win XP
    2Gb ram

It doesn't matter if I'm in menus or in a race, it'll go a second or two, then a small pause, then go a second or two, then a small pause. Ive tried running it on 1 core and that didn't help. I couldn't find much at all on CM forums, so I thought I'd give it a go here. If you all come across anything, let me know. Thanks!

Last edited: 6 Jan 2009
  2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

on my 8800GTX, that pause did happen every 10min or so, and the pause didn't skip frames, it just seems the whole game has been paused for half a second.

not sure whether you are experiencing the same thing.

on the gtx260, i don't get any pauses, haven'y played as much, but during LAN games and first tire of careers didn't have any pause.

so update your nVidia drivers and turn down video settings?

3. Thacrudd

Yeah, just realized 180.xx drivers came out in Nov and one of the improvements was on GRID. I don't think it's a performance issue since I get great FPS, and the pause isn't a "hard" pause. It's like it stops for a split second, and for just a moment the game "catches up" and goes on for another second or so. Very strange.....

4. Thacrudd

Got it!
    Installed new drivers for my CPU and the newest Dual-Core Optimizer and it solved the problem.