1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 GTA 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 25 Oct 2011.

1. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I hope it has bicycles again :/ I kind of liked that. I think GTA is kind of what pushed me in to being a "hardcore" gamer.

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I still can't wait, A week away, so that's 6 days of BF3, then GTA 5 trailer.... RESULT!!

Sam

3. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Hopefully release wont be too long after, im sure theyll use the same engine just tweaked and build a new map, characters and that

Was RS north's last project red dead?

I just wonder why its GTAV and not GTAIV *insert city name*

4. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Yep Red Dead was their last project. I wanted Red Dead on PC, it would have been fun :).

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

It's so it doesn't give the game away just yet.

Sam

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I think RDR was RS San Diego?

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

True maybe theyll rename it when the trailer comes out

I think it was a joint thing, on wikipedia they are both listed as the developers. hopefully that means north have been squirreling away on the next GTA

GTA is my favourite game to just waste time and dick about in

8. Durd

Durd Minimodder

GTA IV era is over, in the same way the GTA III one is (although I'm still hoping in vain for GTA SA stories :waah: )

Hopefully they'll return to their roots for GTA V. GTA IV was technically amazing, but gameplay got boring. And the lack of weapon choice in the first instalment was disappointing. (I hope you don't have a cousin in this one either.. :rolleyes: )

In actual fact, if someone hasn't played IV yet, I'd only really recommend TBOGT... :blah:

9. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

True on the recommend TBOGT, if only because of the base jumping haha. Although I have a thing for bikes so I really liked LAD, just a
    shame you were forced to use a certain bike for missions etc. So much could have been done
    with LAD I think they missed a trick.
    But both a lot LOT better than GTAIV. Do hope there is more to do in it, like there is in SA etc and
    more shopping etc.

10. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

yeah and you could have chavs walking around the streets trying to mug you. and then you turn round and blast their head off

in the world of gta, anything is possible

11. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I wouldn't be surprised to see a name change after the release of the trailer. It fits the pattern.

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Not really. Look at how the games have been named so far:

Grand Theft Auto 1
    Grand Theft Auto 2
    Grand Theft Auto 3
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Grand Theft Auto 4

13. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

First GTA game I played was San Andreas and I loved the huge expanse that you can go around and the various vehicles that you can try out (unlike GTA IV)

Since I never was a person who like to do the missions and stuff (short patience), so instead I just DL a 100% save game and just do free roam. I remember doing that for hours and hours and testing various mods.

Even with IV, I bought the complete pack. But instead of finishing the original one, I just went ahead with TBoGT DLC and finished those missions instead. I prefer this DLC over the original since the cars look nicer... :p

What I would like to do with V... drive around in the Mr. Bean Mini with the couch on top.

14. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

The missions in TBoGT were far more fun than the original imo, and so was the story, and so were the characters. I just wish it was longer. I would have much preferred a long version of that instead of the one with Nico and the annoying cahziiiin!!!

15. fozmcfc

fozmcfc What you looking at ?

Really looking forward to this, love the GTA series from number 3 onwards, but hopefully a PC version will be announced from the off this time and I won't be tempted again to buy a console.

The main reason I got an Xbox 360 was because of GTA IV. At the time it was not available on the PC and there was no sign of it being released on the PC either. Never got further than about 30-40% through the main story though.

It is the first GTA game I actually completed all the way through though, on the PC (The Xbox was sold within 9 months).

Enjoyed San Andreas and managed to get about 80 - 90% through the main story line on it, before getting really frustrated/bored of it.

As for the location, well I think America has worked really well the last 4 times, so why change it. I don't know any GTA fans who really wouldn't buy it because it isn't based outside the USA.

Not going to happen but I'd love to see it built around a PC version taking advantage of the PC superior graphic capabilities and dumbed down where necessary for console. But I suppose I'll just be grateful for a PC version at all.

16. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Yeah I'd forgot we had to wait 6 months or something to get it on the PC, not quite as excited as I was now :|

17. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Hopefully saints row 3 will keep me going until new GTA, love big crazy sandbox games :D.

I seemed to have lost all interest in consoles now, even the exclusives, the tech is just soooo utterly past it's best.

Hopefully rockstar & the like will look at pc sales for games like BF3, saints row 3 & skyrim & realise there is plenty money to be made by not holding pc back.

18. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Same! I've taken a leap of faith with SR3 and pre-ordered it. Just hoping it is more SR2 but bigger, better
    and MUCH more to do. Absolutely loved SR2.

Even that feels an age away though haha.

19. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

This.

20. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Shanghai one soon. Tokyo would be awesome too.