1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other GTA IV installation driving me mad?!!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by GregTheRotter, 18 Apr 2011.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter New Member

Ok, so I've got an oldish copy of this game (not a copy, an original game). I manage to install it just fine, but then I try to run the game, and it tells me securom has stopped working. Any ideas??? I wish I could just download an updated version of this game and then just use my cd key :(

2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter New Member

BAH!!! This POS is going to the bay. Totally raging right now :wallbash:. Sigh. :sigh:

Made sure I didn't have any imaging software running, etc. Securom failing. Then when I don't get that message, social club window opens, you click play offline, and then nothing happens. Waste of time tbh. Hard to believe they got away with selling a game this hard to install, so bug riddled, badly coded. Installing the latest patch did f all.

Last edited: 18 Apr 2011
  3. chris66

chris66 Member

Can you install it and then update it before playing the game?

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter New Member

The minute you go to launch the game, update or not, it still gives me a load of crap. It choses to let securom fail when it feels like it and when it doesn,t and I click play game at the social club window, nothing much happens. Bah.

5. Bartaggio

Bartaggio Member

Did you try fully updating GTA IV? in the newer(newest?) version it actually doesn't need Rockstar Social Club anymore, gets rid of lots of minor annoyances, for me atleast.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Do you have IE9 by any chance? Seems a few people have had the securcom failing problem since installing it.

You may want to look here, if it doesn't properly uninstall when you try (if you intend to) and take off IE9 there's some pointers as to how to do it in the bottom post clicky.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter New Member

Yeah I've got ie9. Uninstalling now. Will give it one more try installing gta tomorow. It's a shame it's not worth selling tbh.

8. adidan

Let us know how it goes, hopefully it is just another case of IE9 messing with it.

It is worth installing, I loved that game. Still have episodes waiting to be installed TBH...

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter New Member

Nope it didn't work. I don't get the securom fail message, but whether I click play game, or play game off line, the social club window just closes in both cases, and then nothing. Uninstalling now. Meh.

10. adidan

Ok, one more thing if you can be bothered. A guy over here clicky has put the steps in he did to get it working.

11. _Vermin

_Vermin Fallout

Try and clean the disc and/or use a no CD crack, but that might be piracy?

12. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Member

Update to the latest version of Securom from their website?

I know it seems crazy to purposely put that crap on your computer, but this has worked for me before (specifically Dirt 1 if I remember correctly).