1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows GTA IV out 21NOV on PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WARHAMSTER, 6 Aug 2008.

1. PQuiff

PQuiff New Member

HAve to agree with hugo, i also bought on xbox. There was something missing. Dont get me wrong its a good game, the gfx and sound, story etc are great. But it just wasnt as good as san andreas.

I might have a second look at it for the pc. If just for the acquaintance of Brucie!

2. slugs

slugs Member

finished it on my xbox. well just need to kill all the pigeons and got bored looking for them. might get it for my pc as well. i have all the others in the series. and i did enjoy them more on the pc

3. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Gotta agree with what a couple of others have said.. GTA IV on 360 was a disappointment.. It just wasn't as fun as San Andreas was.

4. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

its a good game i really enjoyed it (58 hours to get 100% so id want to have) just dont expect it to be the best game ever, it wont change your life lol

5. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

That english pair in GTA: SA was one of the most fun NPC i ever saw! Not that they could be compared to Morte but anyway...

November 18??? too much time until them! So looks like the best games are all coming to a port on PC (shame on Halo 3).
    Swallow that Sweeney!

6. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org New Member

I have always secretly loved GTA, and this news is fantastic because as we all know, PC is the best out of any gaming machine (and you can have cool mods).

7. AFX

AFX "Bling" Silver Mountain 2

I have been waiting for this just so I didn't have to buy a PS3 or a 360.

8. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

snap, il be interested to see when its available to pre-order from amazon uk or play

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

same here. i want to use keyboard+mouse while saving that couple hundred quid instead of buying PS3.

hopefully us PC gamers will be able to put a 10x distance mod just like San Andreas. that'd make it look better. PS3 version i've played just lags and feels all foggy.

10. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

thats alot quicker than expected release to pc

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i hope it gets lots of mods for it! and a huge multiplayer mode!

12. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

I agree with wuyanxu.

Although the majority of people (console scum) don't notice it, or just don't understand it - the performance of IV on the consoles is absolute crap. With the exception of when you're staring at a wall, the game consistently runs between 15-25 fps, which for seasoned PC gamers such as myself, is visually unacceptable. Through much optimization, they've pulled off rendering the game just smooth enough so that it' not a slideshow, while rarely surpassing the 30fps mark.

Since the game was released, I've been highly anticipating the PC version so I can finally play it with the framerate and IQ it deserves.

My GTA Dream: IV on a 1080p 120hz FPD... with v-sync. Just think about it.

13. spectre456

spectre456 New Member

rofl....QFT!

i guess im not the only one who feels the same or notices the abysmal framerate

14. shigllgetcha

i havent really noticed the bad frame rate but i dnt give a **** about framerates as long as it looks good to me and its good to play.

im showing my ignorance here but is it not the very highest end of PCs that will out preforme a current gen console?

15. EPiRATE

EPiRATE Sailing teh Interwebz

Wow this is brilliant news, I can't wait to build my new rig and play this game :)

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

a cheap 8800GT or 4850 will be able to own console graphics and performance if the developers put their heart to utilising the 4GB PC memory available and shader power.

17. WildThing

WildThing Member

Lol +1

18. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

lol total pwnage

:lol:

19. naokaji

naokaji whatever

while true, dont forget that most games are simple 1-1 ports these days and nothing more, which then kills a big part of the advantage the pc has.

20. shigllgetcha

im just happy to pay X amount for a console never hav to upgrade it and play every game with the same quality as everyone else with the same console with no compatibilty problems.

Tags: