1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GTA IV PC delayed, system requirements

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 Oct 2008.

1. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

craaaaaaaaaaaaaaapp! time to upgrade to even make the minimum system req's!

2. Keivz

Keivz What's a Dremel?

Actually the PS3 version is 1152x640 upscaled to 720p. The 360 version is 720p native.

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Why the hell are so many of you jumping to conclusions already?

Before you criticise a game for being poorly ported, or infested with DRM or resource hungry at least play the bloody thing first.

I'm looking forward to this game so much, having never played it on the PS3 or Xbox 360. It's going to look a fair bit better on the ol' PC. :)

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

^THIS.

5. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Because we're human we learn from past experiences, yes it may take some of us a while but eventually learn that putting your hand in the fire is a bad idea and that console to PC ports are normally poorly implemented as developers are encouraged to be lazy by the higher ups and do the minimum needed to ship it out the door and call it working. This is why there are many console to PC ports with idiotic key bindings and often a blind refusal to let you change them or anything but the most basic graphical settings.

6. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd and WC Addict

I'm looking forward to this. Quad core - this means its a proper game written properly to make use of multi-cores.. wahoo! Go rockstar =)

7. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

You sir have more faith than I.

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Surely the best past experience to go on would be that of Rockstar's previous GTA games rather than products of other companies. San Andreas ran well on my machine and I had no problems with it at all. I have no reason to believe that Rockstar would be releasing a dodgy port.

Tags: Add Tags