1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA: San Andreas (PC and XBox)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pelihirmu, 22 Mar 2005.

?

Are you going to buy GTA:SA to PC?

1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    62.4%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. I don't know yet

15 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

with the controls...

PS2 is good for Driving, Flying
    PC is good for Shooting

and thats on standard contol/keyboard/mouse..

thats why i never really got round to finishing the side missions on Vice city on the PC version because its harder to fly the choppers around that on the PS2... :waah:

2. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

first impressions:

wow. this game is beautiful compared to the PS2 version.

but it runs like crap. if your system is starting to age like mine, but it ran the last 2 gta games fine, be ready for some urges to upgrade.

I would call a 9600pro and a 2500+ with 512mb ram MINIMUM requirements for anything above 800x600. I'm barely pushing along at 1280x768 with my system. i even reinstalled windows last week in anticipation of this game. (well the last install was 13 months old ...)

3. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

I'm aquiring it in about 6 hours, I'll report when it's installed

4. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

Runs smooth with everything on @ 1600x1200, controls suck a bit (mouse camera) and the motion blur is utter **** and annoying. Other than that its nice

5. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

it looks ****ing awful

the controls are retarded, especially the camera, its just wrong
    considering how long its taken them to port its shitty
    theres no crosshair unless you go to aiming mode, that sucks

6. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Personally I think it looks pretty decent considering. Whatever you say, it is better looking, faster, and cleaner than the PS2 version (which I eventually stopped playing simply because the roughness of the graphics was so offputting).

On my fairly modest system it runs perfectly at max detail and draw distance. Admittedly the controls with a mouse and keyboard arent perfect, but thats what a PS2 USB adapter is for ;)

7. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

well i haven't played it on PS2
    but considering they spent a year porting it i'd have hoped for a something more :(
    edit: the thing that really pisses me off was that the camera and controls were so much better in Vice City, how did they manage to make it worse?

8. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Bought the PC version yesterday but havent played it yet.

9. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

ok -as for it looking awful - WTF are you comparing it to? far cry or HL2? i meant that it looks 453984651357 times better than the ps2 version. and still looks 100 times better than vice city with any amount of AA and aniso thrown at it. for a 5 year old game negine - it's doing damn fine.

and i know the controls arent exactly the same as III and VC - but they are MUCH better than a ps2 pad. and it's GTA - there shouldnt BE a crosshair.

</rant>

oh- and for you ATI users - DO NOT try the 5.6's - i couldnt even get the game to load with them installed. stick with 5.5's or earlier.

10. alter_ego

alter_ego What's a Dremel?

i got it yesterday, installed it and when i played it the pedestrians disspear or have polygons missing on them. this is a reccurence on ati cards, so dont buy it until they release an ati patch, hopefully in the next few days.

11. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

really doesn't...

i never expected it to look like HL2, but considering it took them a year i expected more than this

my point with the controls is that they made them worse, if it aint broke dont fix it
    and there should be a crosshair
    wtf is the point in having a mouse if you're going to autoaim, might aswell just use the keyboard for looking

edit:
    my sister gets this on her maching (5200, poor thing barely runs it :p) but i dont have any problems with my 9800pro :\

12. Pelihirmu

Pelihirmu What's a Dremel?

If the game would look like a HL2 the installation would take over 20GB and loading the game would take over a year :worried: :D
    I really like SA's grafics. Really smooth and detailed.

Think again why there isn't a crosshair, unless you press right mousebutton to aim. :rolleyes: It's much more realistic when thers not a crosshair when walking on the streets. :thumb:

You just don't how to play it... :yawn:

13. Springs

Springs Boing boing

one think i dont like is that the driving is a bid bad... swerving all over the place... :(

14. Pelihirmu

Pelihirmu What's a Dremel?

Learn to drive :duh: It's guite simple and easy :)

15. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

detailed? looks like they've been drawn in paint :p

its more realistic... right becuase we all know the hallmark of GTA games is realism :p
    the point is that they removed a lot of the stuff that made GTA3 and VC on PC better than their PS2 counterparts

i just got jetpack, so much fun :D

16. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

Keeps crashing on my pc, dunno if thats my shuttle's crapness or a problem with the game. Its not as good as the others imo, hasn't grabbed me like they did. Too much of the same thing perhaps? Dunno..

17. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

With you on this one George, got it yesterday, have done 2 missions and thats it... Seems a little samey and boring. Graphics arent hugely spectacular either tbh..

18. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

My god the engine is still bugged on the PC even after three ****ing games... :duh:

So I can't get past the Beach Party Mission as it crashes half way thru :rolleyes: this crap is going back to EB on Monday...

19. quack

quack Minimodder

I'm loving this game, tons more fun than III and VC now that flying is much easier, you can ride bicycles and omg you can swim!

I played a bit of the PS2 version, the graphics on the PC look amazing - I can actually see what things on the radar are! Also buildings and roads don't suddenly appear out of nowhere like on the PS2.

Hijacking trains and riding them till they derail is rather amusing.

20. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

thats a shame really, as it does get better later on
    when you get to explore all 3 cities, and do flying lessons and stuff
    the harrier jumpjet with heatseeking missiles is just fantastic :D

heard a lot of people complaining about it crashing in missions tho, haven't had that myself tho