1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA: San Andreas (PC and XBox)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pelihirmu, 22 Mar 2005.

?

Are you going to buy GTA:SA to PC?

1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    62.4%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. I don't know yet

15 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

has any one done the mission "Mike Toreno" where u have to basically drive to the airport to rescue a guy in the back of a van.. anyways... when ive rescued them and drive to the marker to finish the mission for some reason it wont finish... as i drive up to the marker it vanishes... :(

2. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

the one with the signal strenght meter to find the van? yea had no problems
    completed the game last night, the last mission is fantastic :D

3. Springs

Springs Boing boing

hmm thats annoying...

4. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

5. Gushy

Gushy What's a Dremel?

gotta love play.com, I forgot I'd pre-ordered it, but a nice email and a package through my door the other day reminded me. :D

Running nicely with a 2200xp, 1gb and an oc'd 9500pro. only 1024x768 with level 1 AA but good enough given the age of my box. :)

6. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Been playing at 1680x1050x32 and the game loves it. Steering the cars and stuff is taking some getting used to but the game is so much better than the ps2 version.

7. firestarter03

firestarter03 What's a Dremel?

Just got it for PC and think it's really good. It's a hell of a lot better with AA on though. It will take some getting used to, seems better than the ps2 version. I can't fully complete the ps2 version due to a glitch which does not enable me to get a keycard :(

8. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

The missing polygons in the peds happens to me on an fx5200 so its not just an ati fault, affects us nvidea users as well

my system struggles @ 1024x768, runs ok @ 800x600 though

methinks it may be time to build that socket 939 system i've been promising myself and build a shuttle with the bits on this one that aint dying

9. aka

aka What's a Dremel?

From what I've read, the solution to that is to date the girl from who you get the keycard as soon as you can. Try loading up an old save.

10. firestarter03

firestarter03 What's a Dremel?

The problem is, I only have 1 save on my ps2, so that glitch has completely screwed my game. Anyway I have started again on pc now :D Thanks for the info anyway.

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Screenshots, anyone? :)

12. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

i had problems with that girl never being at home, lost patience and just went on to finish the game. eventually went back and she was there! so she does turn up eventually, make sure you have the gimp suit on too

13. SHAKIRALOVER

SHAKIRALOVER What's a Dremel?

Theres only 1 reason that makes the game suck, and its the fact that the screen is orange because of the sun or too dark in places and you cant see where your going.

14. Migishu

Migishu What's a Dremel?

GTA:SA has been banned from Australia. Go figure, like noone saw this coming with the uptight parents and the nudity and their non-realisation that sex is a part of the world. OMG HOW DID YOU CONCEIVE youR KID!

15. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I played this on the PS2 and got up to 90-something% after which my PS2 stopped working :waah:

I have the PC version now but I was so used to the dual shock that I had to buy an adapter to be able to play it again :lol:

Anyway, PC version is OK, same as the PS2 version really, apart from the cool mod that changes the in-game time to the same as real time :)
    (does crash the game on some missions though)