1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTAIV... PS3 or 360?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by keef247, 28 Jun 2007.

1. keef247

keef247 Modder

well I'm really NOT sure which console to get so I can play this.
    Is the PS3 capable of 1080p but the 360 only 720p apparently? or am I wrong? I'm not sure which is better to play the game on. I heard the 360 will have exclusive content? isn't this a stab in the back to sony considering they fathered the games before *** got there hands on it.
    so will I loose out on bonus stuff if I get the PS3 version but gain better graphics with the higher HD resolution?
    I'm so confused about all this! sorry!
    which should I go for any why?

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Depends. The PS3 version is going to be missing the DLC. MS paid 50 million to Take-Two in order to secure the exclusive rights to the DLC. I don't honestly know if this DLC is going to be permanent or a "timed" exclusive. If you don't have either console yet, then base your decision on what console you want more, not what version of GTA is going to be better.

Look at the PS3 and take into account its greater capability of being an entertainment system, it's overall stronger technology, and ease of upgrading for things like the hard drive. Then look at the 360 and take into account that it has more games, a better (for now) online play system and a year head start on the competition.

Look at the games coming out for each system. With 360 you have the likes of Halo, Forza, Gears, etc. With the PS3 you have Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, and so on. Right now if you are going to ask me what system has greater value in a bare state I'd say the PS3, but if you were gonna ask me which one is better for gaming (which is what it's all about) I'd say the 360. I think 2-3 years from now when PS3 starts to get it's exclusives, especially in the japanese market, Sony will pick up the pace.

3. Neogumbercules

As for the graphics, I don't know. My guess is that it will be native 720p and then scaled to whatever you want. As far as I know ALL 360 games are native 720p and then upscaled or downscaled depending on your TV. The PS3 is capable of native 1080p but I don't know if Rockstar is going to take advantage of this. Rockstar has said that the 360 was limiting the development and my best guess is that they were having trouble with the difference between blu-ray and DVD and trying to take advantage of the BD without leaving the DVD in the dust. Perhaps also they were having problems with CPU intensive stuff that the PS3 was capable of but the 360 was not. This is all speculation on my end though.

I'd assume that once both games are out there won't be any major differences.

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

The newer 360 games can run 1080p with the vga cable.
    And ive pre-ordered my limited edition already.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

For me I think its going to be 360 as I dont have a PS3 yet.

Ms has paid them for exclusive content but it does not mean Sony wont have its own exclusive content or that it doesnt have any download content.

Download content does not appeal to me for the main reason that they charge for it and is not a deciding point for me as to witch platform to buy for.

At £40 game becomes £60/£70/£80 after you buy addon bits. If they sold the game with it all on the high street for £70 then it aint going to sell and this is the way around it. Hold back on stuff to sell it seperatly.

I refuse to pay for any download content and if Ms has paid £50 million to have exlusive content then it aint going to be free as that money has to come from somewhere and if they hold back alot of the game to charge you extra in downloads then I dont think its for me.

Whats it going to be. a couple of quid for a new T-shirt collection for your game character, naf off.

6. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Well, no. You think 25million per episode of content is going to be some extra t-shirts? It isnt. And i cant see each episode being more than a tenner. How much would you expect to pay for an expansion pack? With more missions, 15-20?

And the reason they arent selling the game at 70 in the high street is because they'd have to delay it...which they dont want to do. And this 50 million is good for Take Two who are struggling at the moment.

They're already bringing a limited edition version out anyway with duffel bag etc for 60 quid or so. http://www.gta4.tv/ 2nd article down shows the pictures of what you'll get in the limited edition pack.

7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I'm interested in how well the PS3 version will perform in GTA's immense world. The Cell broadband engine should prove quite formidable when dealing with so many instances of 'life' in GTA4.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The difference between 720p and 1080p isn't that much anyway IMO, but both consoles are capable of 1080p AFAIK.

Apart from the exclusive titles MS nabbed up, the differences between the games on the platforms will be slight. Since it's a multiplatform title from the outset, it's being developed with the hardware downfalls of each console in mind, you will find only minor differences I imagine.

9. K

K 528491

Uhhhh the new trailer makes me want this game sooooooo bad.

10. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

This might be the sole reason i buy a ps3.... I'm such a graphics whore..

11. will.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2007
  12. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

13. Neogumbercules

Ah, but the PS3 can install a linux operating system complete with a web browser!

Edit: And the trailer is also on the totally free PSN network as well :lol:

Last edited: 29 Jun 2007
  14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

This game is the reason im waiting to buy a PS3, new PES will be out soon after too I imagine :D 108 days is such a long time to wait though ;(

15. imkeller

imkeller What's a Dremel?

I have a PS3, and would kill and/or pillage for it, but the episodic content does make it better on the 360

16. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

The difference in GFX between the two systems will be negligible. However the 360 should be the choice for the true GTA fan since it will have exclusive content.

17. will.

The differences in sheer graphics might not be too great. The PS3 going for realism, the 360 going for shiny. However, the PS3 in processing power is in another league. So your probably going to see more cars, people, objects on screen with the PS3.

Me personally. I'm leaning towards the 360 now, the extra content is a tempting idea, but mainly I prefer my games to look shiny on a console. Console for fun, PC for fun and ultimate realism. I don't need another machine that can do that (PS3) and I'll be getting it on PC when that comes out as well.

18. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

More of the same for some extra cash, same with Half Life 2 on the PC, I didnt buy ep1 and yet I cannot wait for ep 2!.......only because of Portal and TF2 though, I dont think I will ever play ep2 lol >_< If the content is awesome I find it hard to believe that Sony would miss out on it / or it not being available when its released on the PC (is it being released on PC any details on that yet? Will it be the usual year later lol)

19. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I might get the PS3 version for me; only because the DLC doesn't really sway me either way. As long as I get the core of the game itself, which will be on both I won't be missing out on much unless the content is in the same league as Oblivion, extending the gameplay for 10+ hours or more.

20. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Yes because exclusive content I'm forced to pay for to recieve is my top priority :eyebrow:

I'm gonna get this game for the PS3 because it's what I own. I'm not gonna spend money to buy a 360 just for the 360 version of this game so I can get exclusive content. If I have a 360 before it comes out then maybe I might get it for 360 instead, but basing what console you are gonna buy or weather or not you are a true GTA fan solely off of exclusive content is kinda dumb IMO.

I own every GTA ever made, that makes me fan enough, exclusive content or not :lol:

Tags: