1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling GTS 250 Cooler

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by El Rando, 10 Jan 2010.

1. El Rando

El Rando I know what a dremel is

After recently being told that I was stupid to water cool my 9800GX2 and it was overkill to do so, it died on me couple of days ago. :sigh:
    So since my motherboard has no onboard graphics I went to pcworld and bought myself a GTS 250.
    Don't care that its a rebrand cause it was cheaper than the 9800gtx and tbh I had no idea what I was buying because ever since I got my 9800gx2 i've never even contemplated a new graphics card so I was lacking knowledge.

Anyway, the fan is quite noisy at idle and extremely noisy when under load so I'm basically looking for a the best cooler for the card. I've had a look at some but have absolutely no idea what I'm looking for. As long as the noise/performance ratio is good that's about it.

Thanks for your time follow humans. :thumb:

edit: found this and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. The only reason I'm looking at this is purely based on the good outcome scythe got in the fan reviews haha.

Musashi

Last edited: 10 Jan 2010
  2. Fazed

Fazed Minimodder

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

On that topic, is there such a thing as a passively cooled GTX260?

4. El Rando

El Rando I know what a dremel is

Coolio thanks alot for that fazed. Decision time it is.