1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GTX 465 leaked to customers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 24 May 2010.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I'm completely agreeing with barndoor101 here.

Saying "it's a GTX470 with some stuff disabled" is a euphymism if ever I've heard one. If anything it's more like "GF100 (Fermi) with EVEN MORE stuff disabled". We all know how well that turned out for the GTX470. But it's completely understandable how nVidia wants to get rid of as many GF100 chips as possible, as defective as they may be.

2. phantombudgie

phantombudgie What's a Dremel?

They're not defective. They have enhanced power efficiency features :thumb:

3. SteveU

SteveU What's a Dremel?

That was my thinking, I just didn't express what I was thinking.

Publicity stunts are never about trying to sell one product in particular, they're about get people interested in the brand as a whole. Nvidia obviously want to get people interested in the 4 series and dropping a hint that the 465 can be flashed in this way begs the question of which other cards can be flashed in a similar way.

At the end of the day they're getting everyone talking about it which can only be a result for them.

Plus, anyone who is going to be confident enough to flash a graphics card is probably going to do it right, anyone who cocks it up is a muppet and gets everything they deserve!

4. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I used to be quite an Nvidia fanboy, but this is a further indication to me that Nvidia have lost the plot. and have no idea what to do about the ATI cards.

5. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

6. AndyCubb

AndyCubb Victory is mine!

Still loving my GX275 but with all the cr@p nVidia are currently pumping out, looks like I may be re-rolling ATI.

7. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

despite what you may think, there is such a thing as BAD publicity. this being a shining example.

8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

nvidia does have a past with bios downgrades though

like remember the 6 series of cards you could unlock all sorts of things on the 6200 from pipes to temperature sensor with a bios flash to make it a 6600

then the motherboards 680i and the 680i LT.. you could flash a 680i bios into the LT and gain all the goods minus the gig lan.. I doubt this one will work though as they were having trouble with yields

flash it and get a unstable card at best.. :eek: be nice to see a working 465 running with a 470 bios though

9. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

why would nvidia put a working 470 chip inside a card costing 75 quid less?

Tags: Add Tags