1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GTX 760 hates the Division

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daveypro, 4 May 2018.

1. daveypro

daveypro Member

So i got back into pc shooters, (alright cover shooters, i am old) and i have a struggling gpu as mentioned above, i get a lot of judder and screen freeze and sometimes its as smooth as butter,(and all my settings are low) but all else on the computer runs fine.

thinking about upgrading to either the 1060 3gb or 6gb budget is open between all the options, might even consider amd.......

this is my current setup: (pasted from my order in oct 2013)

8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 1 £68.16
    Intel Core i5 4670K, S 1150, Haswel 1 £169.75
    MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, Intel Z87, S1150 1 £111.44
    2GB MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr Gaming OC 1 £202.51

will the cpu be a bottle neck? as i never could get it to much of a stable oc.

2. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

Your CPU won't bottle neck but what cooler do you have on it? Those CPUs should overclock easy-peasy even at stock voltages (Haswell ran hot by default).

daveypro likes this.
  3. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

Among budget cards the 1060 6GB is by the far the best option at the moment.
    Plenty of games eat up VRAM like stupid, so the extra is worth it over the 3GB version and as for AMD, the equivalent would be the RX580 4 / 8 GB, but the RX580 still costs more than the 1060 so the 1060 wins by default.

I wouldn't worry about the CPU, it isn't all that important to begin with in games as they are mostly limited by the GPU anyway, plus the i5-4670k has some nice OC headroom (provided you have good enough cooling).

daveypro likes this.
  4. daveypro

daveypro Member

i am an oc newb so what i tried probably wasnt done the best although msi say they can do it through the board with easy clicks, it was never stable so i put the cpu down as one of the ones that are unlucky.

so the 1060 6gb is the prefered monster, monster in price too, ouch! blooming crypto people!

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

Could try your luck in the marketplace, see if anyone has one, or maybe a 970 as an alternative.

Arboreal and daveypro like this.
  6. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

What res are you running at? I have been running TD fine on a 1050ti pushing 2048 x 1152 (dont ask) without any major issues at all. I'm around medium settings I think. I cant remember if the 7 series supports DX 12 or not, but I set mine to not use this which gave me some improvement in fps.

7. daveypro

daveypro Member

so i splashed the cash with the devil (pcworld) cos they stupidly offered me credit, and now i have division running in high (ultra if i want to have the odd skip) and life is good, thank you all for the advice and replies.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  8. Arboreal

Arboreal Well-Known Member

Good news, happy Division at last.
    Which card did you go for in the end?