1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GTX 770, Asus and GB price diff

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Whindog, 22 Sep 2013.

1. Whindog

Whindog New Member

Anyone know why the Asus is $50bks more expensive than the Gigabyte?

I know the asus comes with the new Splinter Cell and the GB nothing. But normally in the past that hasnt effected the card price by $50bks

2. Whindog

Whindog New Member

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

They're both great cards. The ASUS is quieter than the WindForce I do believe but please don't quote me on it. I've used the DCU II GTX 770 and my word was it a lovely card. Amazingly quiet, even with 100% fan speed. Very, very impressive.

A friend of mine had the GB card, and I do believe it was considerably more noisy. If that's something you care about, go with the ASUS. If it isn't, pick which has a better customer service in Aus. GB is better here but I'd rather have the ASUS card.

4. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

I don't know about noise levels or cooling, but the Gigabyte is significantly higher clocked than the Asus. I can't see a reason for the Asus to be 10% dearer

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

The card is clocked significantly higher but there's no saying the ASUS won't run at the same speeds.

I had a poor sample of the 770 where it wouldn't even hit 2GHz on the RAM (it's quite common for them to do that apparently) and the core didn't go quite as far as I was expecting but it was still a lovely card.