1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GTX560 TI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ICISAZEL, 3 Dec 2011.

1. ICISAZEL

ICISAZEL New Member

which GTX 560 TI would you go for currently have an ASUS 8800 GTS 512 had a horror story with an MSI GTX 560 TI HAWK outlined in another thread . looking at the Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560TI DirectCUII PCI-E.

does anyone have any experience with this series of card, after my bad experience with MSI i'm wary of how best to proceed .. let me know your thoughts any opinions / options are most welcome. currently running at 1680 by 1050 but may go to 1080p at some point rest of my setup is in my signature.

Thanks to all in advance

2. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

I was going to get a 560ti last month, after lots of research I decided on the MSI 2gb 560TI, as I wanted the additional memory as I use 2 screens sometimes running 2 Eve Online clients.
    After a couple of months of saving I had enough money for the card but Scan was sold out.
    I in the end opted for a MSI R6950 2GB PE/OC, a choice I made on the spur of the moment as I wanted a new GPU like yesterday.

I have not looked back the card is stellar and runs nice and cool, also on the upshot I was able to unlock the additional shader cores on the GPU so it's pretty much a 6970. With a little bit of tweaking I have got it running 890/1375/5500 @ 1.174v, which I think is fairly acceptable.(only just figured out where they hide the triple overvoltage settings :duh:) It runs BF3 with everything at Ultra (MSAA turned off) at about 50-60fps on a 1080p moniter

Back on to your question tho, I'm not sure what happen to you with your HAWK, but as far as I am concern I looked at the Hawk in depth as a choice when I was thinking about getting a 560ti, but in the end I decided I wanted extra memory over more MHz, which I could pump in myself anyway.

I think MSI are a strong brand and I would choose them over ASUS in a heart beat, but that being said we all have our own experiences of different brands, and ultimately the choice lays at your feet.

I'll have a search for your thread with your hawk issues and see what happened.

3. TraumaticHug

TraumaticHug New Member

This is on for today only!

Courtesy of Adidan and LennyRhys on THIS thread:

My brother ended up getting the £167.98 "ENGTX560 TI DCII/2DI/1GD5". As he was going to buy Batman: AC anyway he saved another £25.. so cheaper overall than the £143 GTX 560 he was originally gonna buy.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2011
  4. Bede

Bede Well-Known Member

I've got the HAWK - it's a really, really good card. My one appears to overclock very strongly too :) Good cooler as well.

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

They seem to be on sale much less often than other brands, but evga has always been top quality for me. They also have some of the best warranty and support in the industry.

6. bsp

bsp Member

I've got the asus 560ti DirectCuII .

Brilliant card.

I can't hear it - but then I've got 7 other fans running!

No complaints - good performance :)

7. ICISAZEL

ICISAZEL New Member

anyone had any experience with the KFA2 GeForce GTX 570 732MHz 1280MB DDR5 can get this for 239.98 on dabs.com but they have a 10 off offer running presently what do you think 229.98 delivered