1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 10 Apr 2012.

1. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

they are buggy, but not impossible. i just finished up the ascalon catacombs with a group.

my biggest gripe so far is still no /die or similar command so you can teleport back to a waypoint and get on with the game. its frustrating enough being knocked out but it adds insult to injury laying there waiting to bleed out.

the market has been (slowly) working for most of the day today. thank god because my bank was stuffed to the gills with loot i wanted to sell. made a pretty penny through the market already :D

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I've been writing you back and you've not been replying.. :s I'll try and get on mumble tonight mate, we need to hook up.

3. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I've been doing the same - even took it as far as sending a message through the mail system :sigh:

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Doh it could be because the chat system has all those tabs and mine was set to something else at the time.

GW had a row of tabs rather than drop down menu. And it was so Mich simpler.

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

For the chat issue, you can disable the NPC chat so that it doesn't show up in the main. Just click the drop down menu and unclick it. Most of the time the NPC chat isn't all that useful anyways. Otherwise, you could make more chat tabs but you'll still have to remember to check them often.

hoochy likes this.
  6. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Good tip, im going to do this now +rep. Last night i was trying to have a PM conversation with a friend and kept loosing track due to the constant barrage of text that was comming from the NPC's in the story quest i was doing :wallbash:

7. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

You can get it to actually hide a lot of stuff, but short of having many different chat windows for separate channels, it is difficult to follow. I haven't tried but I'd hope you could have a separate channel just for private messages and when you get a new message it would be great if it were to flash or notify you in some way.

8. TheJackal

TheJackal Getting Old

anyone welcome on my TS3 server for Guildwars 2 if there is no room on the mumble server PM me for ip

9. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

That's a good shout. Think I will try and set up a seperate tab for /w.

Just logged in quickly with a plan or what I was going to do, but I ended up doing none of it! I got carried away with dynamic events and trying to get what seemed to be the hardest vista point yet, right at the top of a broken wall that involved fighting and jumping your way to the top. I have not really been one who's precious about completing everything but this has me hooked to 100% all areas :)

Getting a bit frustrated that the TP is still not fully working. I keep having to salvage stuff I think I could make some money from.

Still yet to do sPvP or WvW - too much to do! Arrived at level 22 now :thumb:

10. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Where you go last night Dom? I was on mumble for a bit around 8-9 your time but didn't see anyone barely.. :(

I got a ventrilo I idle on with some good mates if you'd be interested in having that when no one is to be found on mumble?

11. rollo

rollo Modder

world vs world seems pretty broken sometimes, you either get a queue for 1hr and get no where fast or get an instant queue ( happens at peak hrs as well as none peak hrs).

grouping in dung needs some work so that you actually get in with your friends every time.

They also need to fix the broken log in server

but beside that game is fun

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

At that time I may have been on Battlefield on the Aria Mumble. Doh

I will download Ventrilo if you prefer a single VOIP.

Send me the deets xD

13. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yesterday i put two more points into HoM. Leaving me ten to go.

Going to have to grind a quest to finish Vanguard title. Or hand in a few Eotn Books. Though I cannot be bothered to run the quests to be honest.

I believe i could fill in multiple books with a single play though. Or do HM runs but doing it solo is a nightmare.

I might do some Vanquish runs. But then again that takes time too.

15. Prowler_88

Prowler_88 What's a Dremel?

Enjoying my time in the game so far. Level 15 Ranger, and the game feels far more organic and a great deal more interesting than my only previous MMO experience, SWTOR (which was an addictive but boring grind-fest). Can't remember what server I'm on, but it seems most are on Desolation here.

16. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Anyone else get the sPvP lag bug? At random times I'll either get a endless loading screen or the game lags out, i can still run around but everyone else runs on the spot, can't use any hotkeys or abilities. Reinstalling did nothing for a fix which is really starting to annoy me.

Also never receiving no tournament rewards sucks, I'm on 86 tournaments wins and a few second places as warrior but only ever got 3 chests.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I will admit i haven't played for the past few days. Been playing Dayz and after grinding on GW I took an MMO break.

Good news is though I got the Black Moa Pet for Hall of Monuments and added a common pet too.

I plan on completing some titles soon. Vanguard and Norn. Which means I need to complete some Story Books.

18. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ok, I keep finding things which impress me, simply from the thought gone into small things. First, in the Asura storyline, I fight a golem named OVR-9000 and now I find this item in Ebonhawke...
    [​IMG]

Genius.

19. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

got to 80 and completed a few more dungeons. now done story mode for Ascalon catacombs, caudecus' manor, citadel of something, twilight arbor, and sorrows embrace.

Sorrows embrace has such a brilliant last boss, pretty easy, but such a great death animation.

Twilight arbor on the other hand has a ******* of an end fight.

20. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

All I'll say is attack a chicken in Ebonhawke.