1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Guitar Hero II (360)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bloodcar, 7 Apr 2007.

1. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Wow, I'm surprised nobody has made a thread about this one yet. And if they have, I'm sorry if this is a repost.

Anyways, I've been wanting this game for ages and decided to hold off buying a PS2 for it when I heard about it coming out on the 360. Picked it up the other day and I have not been able to put it down. The game is just awesome. It took me awhile to get good on easy but I wish I would have started off on Medium. It's a little hard to retrain your fingers for more notes but I'm starting to rock out.

Anyone else out there pick this up? I think it came out yesterday for you guys across the pond. New songs should be available for download this week as well!

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's out on the 360? :eeek:

Does it look any better than the PS2? Can you buy the 360 guitars on their own?

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I was thinking about picking it up but its £70 so I decided against it, maybe when it reaches £40.
    Is there an online list of the songs available?

4. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I really want to get it, got couple of friends that really enjoy it. I'm not really into those games, but why not? Looks like a lot of fun, break away from the serious-ness of FPS games, haha.

5. K

K 528491

Just crisper, nothing major at all. Of course, the benefits of the 360 version are all about the online features.

6. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I really couldn't tell you because I never got to play it before. Just everyone talking about the first one so damned much made me want to play it. Plus I don't even get a chance to look up from the fret board long enough to actually look at my rock show happening. Maybe when I get better at it, I'll be able to see the show.

You can buy the guitars on their own, but I haven't seen them in shop and Red Octain's website is sold out of them. There is a problem with the whammy bar in bother versions of the guitar released. It seems as the default position of it isn't what it should be and the whammy bar will either not work at all or just work sporatically. This can be fixed if you take it apart or just do what I did and take a rubber band and loop it from the whammy bar to the side should strap post and it fixes it.

I picked mine up from circuit city and got 1600Microsoft Points for free. They actually discounted the price of the game by $20 and sold me the points for $20. I'm debating on waiting til next week and using my points to download some of the original Guitar Hero songs or to buy some XBLA games.

:Ninja edit: Oh yeah, the only online fuctionality right now is the leaderboards and the (near future) downloadable content. RO have said that they might release an on-line co-op/head-to-head in the future through a patch but we'll see. I just don't see this game as a good XBL game because lag would absolutely kill it.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Alright. Might wait for the true one rather than the port because the PS2 version looks like ass, or at least until the online stuff is developed. Hopefully MS will let them have wireless controllers by then too.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Although I would love to have it on the 360, I already have GH 1 and 2 on the PS2, and £70 is FAR too much money, especially as the guitar isn't even wireless!

Online? Guitar hero is all about real life multiplayer like the Wii, downloadable tracks would be cool. Off-white controller, hardcore!.....

9. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Speaking of which, yikes the "new" DLC's for it are expensive. 500 points for three songs. I say "new" because they're just songs from the original. I can see why those who missed out would get them, but yikes nonetheless...

Tags: