1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Guitar Hero: Metallica Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 31 May 2009.

1. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

As a Metallica fan I thoroughly enjoy this game, and whilst I can play through most tracks quite happily on "hard" and some on "expert", there are some very unforgiving tracks in this one. I really love the GH games, and they are among very few games that I can play along with the missus, and that we both enjoy. She still outplays me on certain tracks (I'm looking at you "Through the fire and flames"), but on a whole we're pretty evenly matched. Looking forward to any future GH titles.

2. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Yeah, so many classic killer songs, they suck eh? Why post here then? Metallicas first 5 albums are nothing short of amazing, regardless what you think of them today. Several of their albums can easily be placed in the top 5 metal albums of all time (Puppets, Lightning, Justive, even black).

The only thing I don't like is some of the songs they included like:
    The thing that should not be over say No remorse, Blackened, Ride the Lightning, Damage Inc.

3. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Anyway, metallicas songs are surely difficult to play, at least their heavier tunes, this game is a great challenge, trying to play Dyers Eve or Disposeable heroes on hard or expert = me getting owned. Not a fan of rhythm games, but the difficulty of the songs and classic tracks make this one worth it.

4. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

double kick pedals eh? bout frakking time...

5. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

The one thing I don't get about GH is that playing the drums on it requires the same skills as ACTUALLY playing the drums so why not just do that? I get the guitar element as I wish guitars only had 5 buttons in order to be played well.

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Have they made a GH game where you can import songs from the previous GH games yet? That's what I like about Rock Band. Pay $5 and you can play RB1 songs in RB2. I hope they continue that. I think it's so stupid you have to buy so many GH games and change discs just to play a couple different songs.

METALLICA Cheesecake!

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

From promo stuff I've been hearing on the radio, it sounds like they're bringing out a "Best Of GH", with the best tunes from GH1, 2 & 3 updated for all the instruments in a band. You wouldn't just be able to import them into GHWT as they'd only contain the guitar tracks.

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

But with GH Metallica, GHWT, and this new Best of GH, they should make it so you can import the songs from the 3 games into whichever one you want. I hate that it makes you start up new game just to play the different songs.

9. Belly

Belly First time builder

Well I've been playing GH Metallica with my kids and we all love it. The difficulty is well balanced for easy and medium, haven't got to hard yet. And the beginner mode is there for people with absolutely no skill too. (No I haven't used that)

BTW, get a load of mates round with their girlfriends and convert them all to gamers by having a wii with party games, an eyetoy game or two, singstar or lips, and lots of guitar hero/rockband games. (Only in the winter though, in the summer you don't want to be stuck inside doing this)

I now have loads of mates whose GFs have stopped moaning when they start gaming and sometimes even ask to play :thumb: :rock:

edit: btw I totally agree with talladega, the worst thing about guitar hero games is having to go back to older discs to play the favourite tracks. These should be unlockable on the later games.
    (Am I the only person who liked Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s?)

Tags: Add Tags