1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gun mouse for FPS from Zalman, any good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smegwarrior, 28 Jan 2008.

1. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

I found this on the Zalman website and was wondering if anyone has used one and what they are like?

Seems like a logical design that should be more comfortable to use and more accurate.

I tried looking for others but only found a crappy looking one from MonsterGhecko.

Are there any others?

2. Lemur 6

Lemur 6 New Member

Maybe it's just me, but I find that Zalman "gun mouse" to be extreme awkward. It's like using a mouse off a stick, not to mention that it's just ridicumongously huge.

If you have money to burn, try the Novint Falcon. http://home.novint.com/products/novint_falcon.php

3. Hazardous

Hazardous New Member

It was only introduced at CES 2008, so only journalist-types have been able to get a hands-on so far :idea:
    You could always Google it, to see what others say about it... but here's one mini-preview to get you started ;)

4. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

Lemur 6:
    Yeah I thought it looked a bit big at first and wondered why they had a mouse shaped bit on the front but since I read the review link posted by Hazardous where someone commented:
    "Ya it will take some time getting used to.. it also has a detachable mouse…in case you are not playing FPS games..clever design i would say."
    I guess there was some logic to their design.

Strange that the detachable mouse bit is not mentioned in the review or even on the Zalman website. :eyebrow:

That Novint Falcon looks interesting but I would be afraid of breaking it especially while playing Frontlines:Fuel of War. :rock:

The FG1000 kind of looks like some space style boot from the side.

Might have to keep an eye out for one, and after I just went and bought a Logitech G5 too. :duh: Had to though, my old mouse went and smegged itself.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I can't see that working tbh - I'd say the dexterity of trying to co-ordinate movement in that plane whilst pressing traditional triggers wouldn't really work. That, and it's a massive, silly-looking peripheral. :p

The Novint sounds seriously good - after Joe's review not too long ago I'd quite like to play with one, especially on Penumbra, that's an amazing game with a mouse, but being able to "feel" the objects would be seriously cool.