1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling GV-R695OC-1GD water blocks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bluc, 19 May 2012.

1. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

That's because, EK, at least, don't do waterblocks for that board.
    http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/
    Run through that, it'll simply repeat what I've said, and show you compatible core-only blocks.

3. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Yea have been searching for about a week pretty confident there are non available :-( . When using the gpu only block is it only the video card ram that needs heat sinks? Or are there other parts that need heat sinks as well?

4. .//TuNdRa

GPU ram and the VRM area, that bit with a smaller heatsink on. That converts the 12V in from the power supply down into the lower voltage needed to run the GPU. This, however, creates a crapton of heat, so you'll need a bigger heatsink on that than Gigabyte stock.

5. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

6. .//TuNdRa

Sadly so. Generally speaking; The Asus DIRECTCUII cards non-reference boards have waterblocks that will fit, but other manufactures tend to vary a bit, so it's a bit of luck of the draw. The best idea would be to look around in your pricerange, then see which cards you can get full cover blocks for.

7. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Yea just a little peeved I did not think of this being a factory oc card I assumed there would be a full cover block I will wait and see how I feel when it comes time to fit the hardware when I finish building the case. Did not want to have to have fans anywhere except on the rads. I will definately have to keep this in mind with future hardware purchases. Cheers and thanks for the help :)