1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacking In General

Discussion in 'General' started by fuzzygoblin, 13 Mar 2004.

1. fuzzygoblin

fuzzygoblin What's a Dremel?

I dont know i i am allowed post this but, i would like to learn about famous hackers like kevin minick and hacking in general, i want to know as much as i can as i find this sort of th9ing very interesting, i believe there are books and movies..

any linkys please guys

2. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

search amazon under computer security there are books on it

3. fuzzygoblin

wow that was quick, thanks thats a shop right? do they ship to australia and what currency is the site if you know thanks

4. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

5. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

use amazon.com the american store, they prob will ship worldwide, hey now dont u be hacking nething now these books usually are printed i think so you can protect yourself

6. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

maybe not

lol

7. fuzzygoblin

i wont be hacking into anything, although i have a massive urge to, i can imagine the adrenilen rush you would get gaining access to a federal computer or something similar. (did that sound weird?) but i cant 'hack' and wouldnt if i coul i am to aware of the conseqeunces i would have to face

8. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

yup u prob wouldnt be even be allowed to use a touch tone fone lol :hehe:

9. fuzzygoblin

whats that supose to mean dude :eyebrow:

10. Darv

Darv Bling!!

He means hack into a federal computer and they're likely to take away evrything; computer, interent, touch tone phone etc :lol:

Moral of the story just don't bother hacking in the first place and you won't get in trouble.

11. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

hackers 2 is meant to be the story of kevin mitnick, made a pretty poor film but ah well...

I've got tons of case studies on stuff like this from my computing course I'll try and find them later and see if I can see where the teacher got them from.

12. RTT

RTT #parp

I read a great book by Keven Mitnick, not specifically on hacking but social engineering. Really interesting :cooldude:

13. Loz

Loz Blah Blah

I've got a copy of Hacking Exposed. It's good for getting a general idea of how the exploits work, different attacks and how to get the information you need.

If you don't want to pay ~$50 for a book, then there's plenty of information available on the internet. Have a look at antionline.org for some info.

14. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

The art of deception

I'm currently reading it on the bus .. and pretty much all the time i have spare..

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I spose you also enjoy breaking into peoples houses and looking through their stuff? No? :p

I can see the temptation of "is it possible" - almost like a cryptic puzzle, but would only do so on a legitimate scale if employed todo so. The risks are not worth the gains.

16. unrealrocks

unrealrocks What's a Dremel?

Its not hackers two like on most P2P sites, its actually called TakeDown which was made based on the book that the Security expert wrote after Kevin Mitnic was sent to prison. Which obviously is slightly biased ... its an interesting film though.

On hacking I suppose I won't link to any sites you might find useful ;) Try getting hold of the Hackers BlackBook - has very interesting articles and tutorials in (I've read scans of a few pages as I don't really trust giving my credit card number to a site like that, lol).

Go into any Waterstones or similar big bookshop and they'll have loads of book on the theory of that sort of thing.

17. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

I'm not sure how easily you could find it, but I know the History Channel (www.historychannel.com) or the Discover Channel (www.discovery.com I think) has a GREAT present. about Mitnik. They had to fight and fight to get it, but in the end they had a *long* interview with Mitnik on camera. Good stuff.

18. ChegsJAR

ChegsJAR What's a Dremel?

I'm going to go and see if waterstones have The art of deception.
    Any Idea where it will be I dont' like book shops they don't have a search box :hehe:

19. ajack

ajack rox

Very good book, well worth a read IMHO

20. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Computing section...