1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Half-Life 2 code leaked online

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 4 Oct 2003.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

This has been mentioned in the Games forum by AstrumPreliator, but I think it warant's further coverage here, along with some links to the reportage around it:

From the Beeb:

The makers of the eagerly awaited Half-Life 2 have appealed for help to track down who leaked the source code of the game on the internet.
    The software is not the full game but contains core information about it.

Valve, the makers of Half-Life 2, said the leak followed a concerted hacking effort on the company's computers over a number of months.

The source code lies at the heart of a game and is kept a closely guarded secret to stop other people copying it.

Full story here

Also:

Wired: Game Biz Mystified by Code Theft
    Inquirer: Half Life 2 source leak confirmed

2. ChillingSP

ChillingSP What's a Dremel?

As i said before in the other thread, there is no garantee that the guy who posted in the HL2 forum is really Gabe Newell.
    Furthermore Valve Software did not make an official declaration so far.
    This whole thing could be a fake.

3. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

www.csnation.net

yeah, the leaked code was real. Now som little ******* are gonna make hack for the game before its even out. :(

4. ChillingSP

ChillingSP What's a Dremel?

This site ,like others, points to the forums. I think until Valve itself doesn't make an official comunication there are still doubts.

Tags: Add Tags