1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Half Life 2: Episode 3 Speculation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Timmy_the_tortoise, 15 Aug 2008.

1. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I recently did a google search for information on the third episode in the Half-Life 2 series, and I came across all sorts of speculation threads and blogs with some very interesting theories about whether Alyx and Gordon will be going to the Borealis, what will be there, whether we'll find out who the Gman really is etc.

I was just wondering if anyone here had any interesting ideas?

Who dies? Will the portal gun be in this episode? What role does aperture science play in the whole story? etc.

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Oh god, don't get joe started on that :rolleyes:

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Sheesh, we could be here forever on what might (or might not) happen, trying to pick out small details that might have semed like throwaways at the time but might be significant later, etc, etc...

What I want to know if when can we expect it to be released? I'm champing at the bit to get playing and re-playing the previous games and episodes again just makes it worse.

Just to get things rolling on the speculation, here's two for you:-

I keep wondering about the payload discrepency of the rocket launch near the end of ep2, I reckon its Lemar that's in there and given how she had a significant part to play in the teleporter malfunction at the start of HL2 I think we could have some interesting times ahead.

Is
    Eli really
    dead? I'm not so sure, he may simply have had his consciousness taken from his body and is a prisioner of the Combine Advisors. What also makes me think this might be possible is if you recall the last conversation Breen had with the Advisors near the end of HL2 and they offered him an escape route but he couldn't survive without a host body, may be this is what happened
    to Eli

:thumb:

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I honestly have no idea what we're going to get in the next ep.

What I'd like to see is a trip off to the Borealis, maybe a brief play with the Portal gun (not too long though, I can see it being an uncomfortable dynamic in HL), and then a whooping of some combine ass. Maybe a bit of messing around in the other dimension.

I don't think Eli'll be coming back though, I'm quite prepared to be wrong, but my money is on the fact that she's dead. Maybe Alyx will die too, in the big climax, who knows?!

Either way, I'm excited. I think the best bit of speculation is: When will we see it? I'm thinking Q4 next year might be about right.

And yes, keep Joe out of this thread! :p

5. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I hope it's earlier than that!

And I wanna see what Joe has to say now.

Tags: