1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Half Life 2 PC!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by diskreet, 4 Aug 2004.

1. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

Now that I got your attention, why is everyone making a Half Life 2 mod? the game isnt even out yet, and won't be for months. Why not make a doom 3 mod? After playing it for 2 hours im ready to worship Carmack.
    Seriously though, I know the game looks amazing and is really cool, but its getting old, no?

2. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

I was always thinking about a Doom 3 mod, but to really do it how I'd want to, I would probably need at least 4 months...a Quake 4 mod might still be a possibility. TBH, I think Doom/Quake games probably give more stuff to work with in terms of theme than HL does. Someone should do a Half-Life: Xen mod lol.

3. Laaars

Laaars What's a Dremel?

Because Half Life is a really great game, and Half Life 2 would be even greater. And it's much greater than Doom!

4. Sva4g3&*

Sva4g3&* What's a Dremel?

Someone should make a Codename Gordon mod with a bunch of cardboard cutouts and a paper strider on top :p

-Rob

5. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

Wow, is it just me, or does this warrant a laugh? Diskreet is right, HL2 isn't even out yet, but there already is over 5 pc's that have their entire theme based on it, and are fully written about in the forums here.

PS. "Just because" is never a good reason to use in an arguement.

6. fg0d

fg0d Banned

I think the questions should be "Why did I take time to make this thread?" Dont wanna bust your balls, but I guess people think the game will be promising, a fad is a fad, cant change that.

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Why dont you make one? :p

8. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

well i'm in the process of makin a tribes vengence mod with a working disk spinner wooot its gonna be classic

9. diskreet

Just completly changed my computer and removed alot of money from the bank.
    Coolermaster case/heatsink/LED fans, Antec PSU sleeved white with white heatshrink.

I cant make an all white/alum case into a doom 3 mod. Especially with a blue plexi window! otherwise I would after playing it!

10. diskreet

AWESOME. i cant think of a 3rd person shooter better than Tribes ][. For those of you who say Max Payne series, you need to play more tribes. Hell, im going to install it now and play it. I need a break from the darkness of Doom ]|[ for a few anyway. Thanks for the gr8 idea!

11. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I like the hl2 case (the first one) because it was inovative and something diferent, (rust and the sorts) but rite now I am looking into cases that show more refinement and function rather than solely based on a game witch fiew have played and many think it will be great. Half life wasent that great till the counterstrike mod came for it. Doom 1 was a favorite of many in its stock form but not because it was a good looking game (hell even back then it looked far worse than a genesis game) but because it was funn.

Point being fad this is just a fad and it will blow over, just like many have b4 it. Kudos to the authors for starting the fad but enugh is enugh. I have seen so mutch rust that I need a tetanus shot. How about a nice case with a nice paintjob? something that dosent look like its been abandoned by aliens that tried to blow it up. Anyone up for a full copper polished look? or maybe a flamejob that dosent involve a case window? or maybe a scratch built case from perhaps wood? thats just to name a fiew ideas that have been done b4 but look great in their own interpretation.

my $.02

12. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

I'm suprised we havent seen any Doom 3 mods. I mean, its not like its hard to find source material, and this is one of the few games I've ever played where I was saying "wow" for the two hours, discovering new elements that make the game awesome.

13. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Well, not everyone is doing a HalfLife 2 mod. I'm doing a Need for Speed Underground mod, since Underground 2 is on it's way :)