1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Half Life 2 Series

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by paisa666, 25 Feb 2011.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've been following the mod for about four years now - and it'd been going for at least a couple before then. It really is 'the new duke nukem forever' and I've pretty much given up on it; the team behind it seem to keep getting caught out by engine changes. I'm actually starting to think it's just a big 4chan joke to keep us gamers in continual suspense.

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Are you talking about HL2 EP3 or the Black Mesa mod... :hehe:

Is HL2 EP3 / HL3 ever going to come out? :wallbash:

Pete J likes this.
  3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

:D

4. mikemorton

mikemorton Active Member

Get Half-Life: Source on Steam rather than the basic Half-Life.

It's been tweaked a bit for system optimisation and graphics.

And yes, you really have to play it.

As for Half-Life 2, I also think Episode 2 was better than Episode 1.

And roll on Episode 3. It's about time we got to play it.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I think I've played through the HL2 series at least 6 times by now.
    Might be more, :D

Only played HL once I think.

HL2 IMO is one of the greatest games ever made, and in my lifetime, is the greatest game ever made. No other games has made me want to play it over and over and over again.

6. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

HL2 its one of the games that i have trully enjoyed, the story its so well driven that you just want to keep playing till it finish.

great to know many of you feel the same about game haha :D I see not to many ppl havent played it

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Rules 1 & 2! :nono:

8. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

i really loved 2 and the episodes, waiting and waiting for ep3 or hl3 like everyone else. never did play 1 though... computer wasn't good enough to play it properly when it was released. then i forgot about it until after 2 and i had xp64 on my machine and couldn't get it to run properly on that either.

9. Hrodwulf666

Hrodwulf666 Arse about tit master!

Could never leave HL alone, or the OF and BS add ons, played them all to death and then some.
    HL was my return to PC gaming and the beginning of my gaming career proper, I bought it not knowing what it was or how popular it was, I just picked up the GOTY edition (bundled with OF) as I wanted a game and it was a good deal, when I got it home I was captivated from the intro!
    Couldn’t wait for HL2, played it and loved it lots but still never as much as the 1st game. Before the episodes came along my PC died and I couldn’t replace it, I played them on an Xbox.
    Not sure how I feel about the episodic content, it ruins the flow of the game, to me HL is HL because of its sprawling size and quality content, that’s what made it exceptional, its epic, splitting it up doesn’t feel right to me I would much preferred to have waited this long for a new game in its entirety rather than just episode 3.

What ever happened to the High res texture add on that came out with Blue Shift???

Last edited: 27 Feb 2011
  10. smoothie

smoothie Member

I don't think you can get those textures when you DL the game through steam.
    The HL series is my favorite series of all time. I've played all of the games multiple times except Decay. I even played that demo with the missile silo that was sort of a level that wasn't released in the original game. I've played HL through more than any other game by a long shot, and things still pop out and make me jump.