1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 ANGER

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DougEdey, 13 Jun 2007.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

After the Halo 3 beta, I thought "Hmmm, maybe some halo 2 will help my desire for destruction", so I tootle to the game, and try and play online "Oh, I need to download a new map pack" so I tootle to the download area.

"WTF? It wants me to PAY!" I already bought this game, all the other map packs were free! Oh well, it's only £2, oh it doesn't accept points, thats a bugger.

WTF, it doesn't accept Maestro even though it's owned by Mastercard? WHY?

So I ring up support: "Well sir you can use someone else's account" Why the hell should I use someone elses credit card (which I've been told is an absolute pain to remove) to allow me to play a game I OWN

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's seriously ridiculous, I can't believe that tbh. If the XBox Marketplace thingy wasn't so secure, I'd say it was a scam...

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

What really?

am i buggered then doug?

4. DougEdey

Yea, just means I'll be playing GoW now.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

All the other map packs were pay to download, but like they're doing with the new GoW multiplayer map pack, they made them free after around 6 months (as will these ones). Original xbox games didn't have the MS points system in place, originally, the only way to pay for the live service was by credit card, so there wasn't any problem with having to pay for that stuff using a credit card since you already had to have one on there. The reason you can only pay by credit card is because things like Maestro are limited to specific regions, the only card service that works all around the globe are credit cards, it's wasn't practical for MS to implement payment methods from around the globe (same with steam). It's also wouldn't make much sense to move downloadable content for original xbox games onto the marketplace system since there is so little of it and it would take a lot of effort to get working.

I know it's still a right pain in the ass, but thats why they've done it that way, luckily I've still got my dads card on there from creating my account on the xbox so getting the map pack wasn't much of a problem for me.

6. DougEdey

But this is a map-pack which was released after the 360 and marketplace, it can't be that hard to make it downloadable via marketplace because the original map-pack was available on disc to install that way.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'm sure theres some technical reason why they couldn't put it onto the 360 marketplace. Either that or they're retards. They are pretty good maps though, but I've long since given up on Halo 2, the community is awful.

8. CollinstheClown

CollinstheClown Hi

I paid for them, then a month later it said they were messed up and I had to redownload them. It said I wouldn't be charged for them so I redownloaded them. I checked my bank account and suprise! I payed $8 for $4 maps. :( Customer support basically told me I was screwed.

-CollinstheClown

9. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I really am not a fan of the Microsoft payment system. I can't actually cancel my xbox live subscription without ringing them up. If I can sign up online I expect to be able to cancel online!

Downloads should be completely optional if they cost moneys.

10. DougEdey

Apparantly the maps are going free in early July, no more details then that yet.

I hope its 1st July to celebrate independance day.

Tags: